“Good size servings, good chinese food, service not so great”
Review of Yummy Wonton House

Yummy Wonton House
Ranked #155 of 215 Restaurants in Delta
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Food is good, service not so good. Price is unbeatable. It can always accommodate our party of 9 without reservations.

1  Thank Luz A

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is our go-to Chinese food restaurant in North Delta, and we've gone to ALL of them. First, get around the name--it's wonton but a heck of a lot more. They have an extensive menu.

I've had a lot recommendations to go to certain Chinese restaurants and have commiserated with local friends about places I shouldn't have gone in the neighbourhood, but this restaurant is the best by far. The waitstaff are very professional--they get to know you and know your favourite dishes.

Their wonton soups are excellent, but in spite of the name of the restaurant, we hardly ever get wonton there. The other local Chinese restaurants put us to sleep with MSG, and as much as I love Chinese food, it bothers me to feel so terrible after a good meal. Thus, Yummy Wonton is already a great choice in the neighbourhood, in that we feel good after our meals there--which should always be the case with good food.

Dim sum is always delicious--one of the few places in N. Delta for dim sum all day and into the night--and I looked around specifically for this.

They have a Buddha's Feast dish which is one of the best dishes I've ever had anywhere in a Chinese restaurant--it has all sorts of fungi and mixed vegetables. They tend to put whatever fresh vegetables they have in there, but the mushrooms and other fungi are a mainstay of that dish. My daughter and I enjoy the duck as well. Everything is tasty! Nothing is ever too greasy, and the flavours are never over the top with sugary sauces that some fake Chinese restaurants have. In many restaurants, black bean sauces are frequently too strong, but Yummy Wonton has a more rounded taste when they use black bean sauce.

My family and I find that they cook eggplant particularly well--every time we have an eggplant dish there, it is perfect.

The service is always good, it has a big space for large groups.

There is a stereotype that if it's a hole in the wall, it'll be delicious. Yummy Wonton is a nice place with clean bathrooms and well designed interior. It is definitely not a hole in the wall--and it's our favourite Chinese place in the neihbourhood, bar none--we've eaten in all of them....

Yummy Wonton as one of N. Delta's best kept secrets.

1  Thank Jer G
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Yummy Wonton House is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Delta, if I have to say so.
The food is delicious! Every item I've ordered has been delicious and filling. On the dimsum menu, for example, I often order the bean curd roll and I don't think I can rave about it enough - it is absolutely delicious and juicy every single time!
For value, however, many dishes are a bit small compared to their larger prices. I guess that's what you get if you want quality!
The service is amazing, as well. The main server is very polite, fast and kind. The moment I finished my glass of water, he came over to give me another, and this happens nearly every time I go there! (service is not as prompt when there are large groups, but it is still very quick)
The decoration is okay, a little outdated, but it gives it almost a sleepy feeling. The chairs are very comfortable, and the restaurant, overall, is very homely in a unique way. The area it's in, however, is a bit "scuzzy." Lots of creepy men have catcalled me in this area, and people are very impatient when driving, so do take care!
If you live in Delta, or are passing by, I really recommend this place!

1  Thank misolori