Review of Fly Zone Bodyflight - CLOSED

Fly Zone Bodyflight
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Delta (near Vancouver) BC, Canada. Hours of Operation: Wed-Fri: 1pm-9pm, Sat-Sun: 10am-6pm. FlyZone Bodyflight is a mobile vertical wind tunnel system where you can experience the world of skydiving safely, without having to jump out of a perfectly good airplane!Our mission is to provide adventurous fun for everybody! Virtually anyone can fly - ages 5 and up. Our instructors will be on hand to make your experience as exciting as you are comfortable with.Groups are welcome! We cater for birthdays, stag/stagette celebrations, and corporate or team-building events.
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We purchased 2 groupons for our adult kids and today was flight day. From the time they checked in, received instructions, suited up and took their flight, everything was handled with enthusiasm and professionalism. What a wonderful group of instructors. The kids can't wait to go again to improve on the skills they learned. Thanks to the whole team, the girls had a FANTASTIC time!!! We would definitely recommend this adventure.

5  Thank pvr50

Reviewed May 24, 2011

My wife and I found this place through a group-coupon; the idea of flying sounded awesome so we eagerly signed up. After booking months in advance, we drove the 1.5 hours to get there from our home, excited to lift off!

Sadly, once we got there the large fan broke down, and after waiting close to an hour for them to repair it, they eventually told us that they were unable and we'd have to rebook. The manager was very apologetic and offered to double our flying time and give us a free DVD on our return. We accepted the offer of double flying time, booked a new time, and drove home. While disheartened we were happy with the solution.

Unfortunately, it was a different story when we returned. The receptionist informed us that only two minutes were being added to our flying time to make up for last time. When we explained to her that the manager had promised to double our time, she told us we'd have to talk to him. We then met with him and he played dumb, saying, "What? I don't remember the machine breaking down. Hmm, I guess maybe it did...and I said I'd double your time? Well I don't remember that, but if you say so...". He then proceeds to act like a complete jerk the entire time we're suiting up and getting ready to fly, making us feel uncomfortable.

When we were actually flying, after what seemed to be too brief an amount of time, the manager walked over to me and unstrapped my helmet, and then made a 'shut-it-down' motion to the person running the machine. We were pretty sure we were being ripped off, but at that point were tired of dealing with him and left. Checking the timestamps on our photo's at home confirmed it, WE WERE NOT GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF TIME WE WERE TOLD! Not even close!

As for the flying itself, it's neat, but not nearly as fun as it looked. Imagine sticking your head out of the window at 200km/h. Unless it's your life-long dream to try it, avoid this place at least until they hire a better manager.

12  Thank llamalove
Peter Z, Owner at Fly Zone Bodyflight, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

FlyZone Bodyflight has a new operations manager. This has been in effect since July 1, 2011. WE apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in your visit. All tunnel flight sessions are timed accurately by the Wind Tunnel controller, we hold our standards high and provide excellent customer service.