Coast Tsawwassen Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$85
$289
$232
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
$130
$176
$167
$147
$118
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastbrown's social houseyogurtferry terminalunderground parkingseparate bedroomwould definitely stay here againstarbucks coffeesitting areagreat place to stayrestaurant next doorboundary baycomfortable hotelpool and hot tubsocial clubconvenient locationmills mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I always like Coast Hotels. They aren't the fanciest places, but they are always clean and have excellent amenities. Always a solid three star experience.

We had an upgraded one bedroom mini suite. Room included a mini fridge and microwave. Nice toiletries including cotton balls, Q tips and two kinds of soap. Also robes, decaf and regular coffee plus a selection of teas.

The location is excellent and very quiet at night. Just beyond the hotel is a shopping mall with two grocery stores, a liquor store and a drug store. McDonalds is close as are a couple other cheap eats places.

We ate at Beaches, the hotel's restaurant and found it to be pretty average. Perhaps we caught them on a bad night as many locals we know say it is their favorite place to dine.

I highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in this area. It is only a five minute drive to the BC Ferry terminal at Tsawwassen. It is also a good alternative to Richmond hotels.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wwTraveler1
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We usually stay at the Coast Tsawwassen Inn because the price is always less than other hotels in the lower mainland, they allow our dog, and it's an all-suite hotel so we have a living room to sit and watch television in while our young child sleeps in the bedroom. The rooms are not exactly bright (they are quite dark), but they are quite spacious, very clean, and nicely appointed. Not something a person wanting incredible luxury would want, but it's nicer than some of the places we've stayed and the price is terrific. TV's are outdated and the reception on them not very good. We wouldn't watch movies in the room.

It is located on a busy road, however, Tsawwassen is a sleepy town and it gets nice and quiet at night and early morning.

The pool, hot tub, and gym are nice and clean. Our little one loved being held with us for her swim, but I wouldn't recommend anyone with a younger child go in, unless they've been already exposed to swimming (and held by you). The pool is deep for little ones.

My only complaint would be the restaurant. Our service was slow and they served our meal before the kids meal came, and our daughter, 3 years old, waited a long time for her pancake to arrive. Thankfully she is not a fussy eater and was able to share some of our breakfast. The coffee was not very good at all either; like it had sat there for a rather long time. The chair they sat me in had two rather large stains on it, which kind of put me off.

The breakfast itself was delicious. I had eggs benedict and was not disappointed with the quality.

Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone staying at the hotel and we will go back many more times, however, check out another restaurant if you can for your meals, unless you're willing to pay for room service and wait, since the food is rather good.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I were returning from our honeymoon in Jamaica and because we were sent home a day early (don't fly air transat) we were able to attend my cousin's wedding. The reception was held here so naturally we booked a room.
When we arrived the hotel had given us a complimentary room upgrade to celebrate our honeymoon on the same floor as our family just a few doors down.
The staff were so friendly and accommodating.
Restaurant was expensive and staff were grumpy.
During our honeymoon I had lost a pair of my favorite pants. I emailed the hotel and actually had a staff member call me back to let me know that unfortunately they couldn't find them but they would keep an eye out. Wow, that is good customer service!
Overall we were impressed. Room was spacious - bed comforatable - pool and hot tub a nice place to unwind.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My son and friend and I stayed here as part of our "4 waterslide parks in 4 days" roadtrip. It's very close to Splashdown Park (which, by the way was not that fun), but I hadn't even realized it's on the same road that goes across the border to Point Roberts just a few miles away - that was a fun little unexpected side trip! But back to the hotel - we stayed on a Saturday night and the place felt almost empty. The lobby looks like a professional business hotel, the front desk staff were nice, and check-in was a breeze. Somehow I was selected as "special guest of the day" (I guess they do it every day) and received a free room upgrade to a large suite! The room was clean, VERY large, quiet, and the kitchen was well stocked with utensils, etc. The bathroom was also very large and came complete with a rubber duckie and robes. It was a little strange that when they last remodeled they decided to use "bath fitters" instead of re-tiling, but all was clean and seemed new. Comfortable beds, no street noise, covered parking garage ("parkade") and my son loved the pool and hot tub (they have a sauna too). It's not particularly plush or high end compared to the major business hotel chains, but it was an all-around great experience for us!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2009

The room was neat and clean and we slept like logs on the mattresses. I'd signed up for a Canadian Breakfast and Room package online and paid and checked the confirmation. When we checked in to the hotel I asked about this and was handed some paper "coupons" for breakfast. Well, when we went to breakfast the coupons did not cover the 2 Canadian breakfasts. I told the waitress it was supposed to be included, and so she made this incredibly loud phone call to the front desk, "I have some people here who SAY they are supposed to have the Canadian breakfast package but instead gave me the yellow coupons" which everyone heard, as if trying to humiliate us. I heard her say, "mmm hmm OK" and she told us the coupons were right, so I paid the extra $11 to cover the bill. When I checked out I told the front desk, and the same desk guy who'd told the waitress we were some kind of CHEATS or something and to make us pay, was informed by the other desk attendant that indeed we had bought the Canadian breakfast-room package and were given the coupons by mistake, so they refunded us $10. I was pissed and will never go back, jerks.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family