“I will be back”

Coast Tsawwassen Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Delta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel is a gem in the Delta area.Excellent location (close to the ferries), great staff (Front Desk in very friendly) and spacious rooms. Continental breakfast included, as well as parking and Wi-Fi internet. Thank you for your excellent service. I recommend and. I will be back.

Best Regards,
Adriano Amaral

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
TsawwassenInn, Director of Sales at Coast Tsawwassen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thanks Adriano! See you next time!

There are newer reviews for Coast Tsawwassen Inn

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Missed our ferry, found this gem for the night. Great staff on check-in, spacious room, lots of surprise amenities (separate sitting area, minifridge/micro). There's no room service, but there's a great restaurant in the same building so you can pick up. The rooms are modestly appointed, dated furnishings and fixtures, so it's not a luxury stay, but it for sure is a good hotel, good value, good location. Arthur (can we mention by name?) was great on check-in.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane W
TsawwassenInn, Director of Sales at Coast Tsawwassen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for choosing the Coast Tsawwassen Inn, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Extremely rude and unaccommodating front desk clerk. We had phoned the reservation line for this hotel chain as we were coming into the city and was informed that there was a room available that would accommodate our family of five and our two dogs. When we arrived, we were forced to rent two rooms, even though both have two queen size beds and a pullout couch and can easily accommodate 5 people. The front desk clerk claimed that five people were not suitable for one room. He also accused my husband of lying about our two dogs staying in our room, even though several people heard my husbands request for a room with five people and two dogs. This place is nothing to fuss over and if you are a family on a budget I strongly urge you to not stay here. What was supposed to cost $150/night, turned out to be a whopping $260/night. All for one extra person. I hope the hotel will weed out their incompetent staff and rethink their policy for one extra person. Why are there pullout couches in the first place? Also, if you are traveling with a trailer or a u-haul, there is no adequate parking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mystikdragonfly

There seems to have been some confusion as to the options available for a group consisting of 4 adults, 1 child and 2 dogs - our two-bedroom suites can accommodate a small group this size, but none were available on the night of your stay. Two of our one-bedroom suites are also suitable, although, added together, not quite as cost effective. If you and your family would like to give us another chance, please specify that you would like a two-bedroom suite.
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and please also remember that you are welcome to direct any concerns directly to the hotel management by calling 1-800-943-8221 or emailing sales@tsawwasseninn.com

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed this hotel on the way to go to Vancouver Island and it was a perfect location to the ferry port. The room was large, clean and very quiet.
We asked about sending out a small parcel at the front desk and the staff took care of us very well. It is not a super luxury hotel but it is good enough for a comfy stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
TsawwassenInn, Director of Sales at Coast Tsawwassen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thanks for your note - we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

A family oriented hotel with double bedroom suites, at the price of one regular room

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
TsawwassenInn, Director of Sales at Coast Tsawwassen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thanks for the feedback - we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I am the mother of the bride who got locked out of her honeymoon suite on the night of her wedding. First of all, when some us arrived back from the wedding via taxi that evening, the desk staff did not so much as acknowledge our presence! So rude! They need a refresher course on how to treat their customers. I was so upset about the honeymoon suite incident and how the whole situation was handled (or not handled!!!) How appalling that the groom and my son had to barter with the desk staff to get them to not charge for the two night stay. Ridiculous, it goes without saying they should not have had to pay for their room due to the hotel's negligence. They barely got an apology. All you good people out there, think again before choosing this awful hotel. Rooms were so mediocre, unwelcoming, dismally depressing. Total rip-off for $130!!! I would rather sleep out on the grass.............

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mamma51

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations. We can assure you that your experience was out of the ordinary, and we do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to redeem ourselves the next time that you are in town

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were very disappointed with this hotel. We had arranged a block of rooms a couple months in advance and had approx 10 rooms booked. We asked on numerous occasions if we could have an early checkm in for our jaccuzzi suite to ensure by husband and his groomsmen would have enough time to get ready before I wedding started at 3:30. Check in is usually at 3pm and the hotel refused to guarentee us any kind of early check in when normal check is either 11am or 12pm. We attempted on several occasions to discuss this with them and reminded them that we were brining them a fair amount of business by reccomending the hotel to wedding guest. They wouldn't provide us any guaremtee that the guys would be able to check in early so we had no choice but to reserve our room for two nights. The room sat empty on the Friday but it was the only way we could ensure they'd have time to get ready. Many of our guest also called but were told no guarentee could be made for an early check in. Although I was very upset that I had to pay 169.00 for a room that sat empty i didn't want to risk my hubby and wedding party not having time to get dressed and relax before the big event!!! Right before my husband and groomsmen left the hotel for the wedding one of his brothers had to run up to our room to get something but the key wouldn't work, My husband decided to not sort it out at that time as they were running behind. We had the most amazing wedding and me and my new husband left our venue around 1230am and took a short cab ride back to the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel we went to the front desk and informed the man working that we were pretty sure our keys weren't working...he looked at us and asked if we were using them right??? A little insulting as the white arrow on the key makes it pretty self explanatory...he made us a new key and we proceeded to our room on the 3rd floor and at the oposite side of the elevator (a bit of a trek in a wedding dress). We tried the keys and the door still wouldn't work. We went all the way back down and he made another key and still it wouldn't work. At this point I was so tired that I sat and waited in the hall way as my poor husband ran back and fourth. Next thing you know secruity comes up and tries another key like a 100 times as if we didn't try that...he doesn't say two words to us and just walks away...My husband was fuming at this point as we didn't know if we should stay at the room or go back to the front desk. The secruity guard just walked away with out saying a word to us!!!! My husband gave me his tux jacket and I laid down on the floor as it had been well over an hour now that we haven`t been able to get in. My husband went back down to the front desk and was very upset and demanded they give us another room until they figured it out...They wouldn`t do this for us and said we needed to wait for the police or a locksmith to come as they didn`t have the capability of opening the door. While this was going on my brother and bridemaid had returned to the hotel. My husband filled them in and asked they come check on me as I was still in my wedding dress sleeping in the hallway. They came up and my brother was so upset to see this was how we were spending our wedding night. He went into his own room and climbed out on the balacony and scaled the building over to our room..Thank god someone had left our patio door unlocked and he was able to get in and open the door...It had now been about 1hr 45 min since this began. We finally got into the room and a locksmith shows up 30 mins later and we told him we had to climb the outside of the building to get in and we just wanted to go to bed....We got up the next morning and expected some call or anything from the hotel apologizing for what happened but not once did we recieve a sorry or even a call to see what they could do to make it better...My brother went to the front desk first thing and demaned the not charge us for either night as this was our wedding night and they didn`t even show any customer service towards us for wrecking it!!!! At first they refused to credit the first night but when he insisted he get the number for head office they agreed to do so...When we came down to check out (12pm) nothing had still been done about the door and not a word was said to me when I handed them the keys....I`m aware things can happen but the fact they treated us like sh&?% but not offering an apology or some kind of gift card or anything is just unreal.....we know two couples that are getting married in the same area in the next year I will ensure they choose accomodations other then this hotel as they need to do some serious training in customer service...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mandy5150

Thanks for your feedback.

In response to your concerns: We are not able to guarantee early check-in, as we cannot demand that guests that are in the hotel the from previous night check-out early in order to accommodate your request. We provided two alternatives for your groom and groomsmen to prepare and relax - we offered a complimentary function room that could have been yours for the day, and we also confirmed with your wedding venue that they had space available if you wanted it. In regards to being locked out – this was truly unfortunate and is not the norm (nor was it due to negligence) – you were not charged for the two nights of your reservation, and if there was another room available, we would have been happy to move you (we were sold out the night of your wedding and had no other rooms available). In response to the comments about service, we have made note of your concerns and will be following-up with our staff to ensure that proper procedures are followed with 100% of our guests – we thank you for your comments as they help us to identify areas in which we can improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delta
Hilton Vancouver Airport
#4 of 23 in Richmond
Bridgeport
Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Coast Tsawwassen Inn? Share your experiences!