Fort St. John North Peace Museum
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Annual Christmas tour & tea

What a fabulous way to spend the afternoon!!! The tea was outstanding, plenty of food, baking... read more

Reviewed December 12, 2018
Francie H
Fort St. John, Canada
via mobile
Great history

This place was well worth the time to stop and look around. Lots of history at the place. I... read more

Reviewed August 5, 2018
Linda H

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Well worth the visit. Enjoyed the many historical displays. Authentic out buildings. Friendly staff.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2016

For the size of the museum it has lots to offer. The set up makes it easy to travel through time and the cabins are awesome to go back in time to see how people lived. Everything is clean and informative. Great place to spend a rainy day!

Date of experience: August 2016
FSJMuseum, Manager at Fort St. John North Peace Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, Sheri. We're glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

Museum is set up very nicely with excellent displays and lots of items and history to share! Gift shop has amazing selection of local history books for sale, i will gladly be back again!

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank shagg2016
Reviewed January 12, 2016

When I went in, I was the only visitor. They open just for me the museum. Great information about the history. For me was it a nice touch after I saw the movie The Revenant in the near by theatre.Very interesting.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed October 15, 2015

I took my 4 year old grandaughter to visit, and we learned a lot about the area, and its peoples and creatures, including the Charlie Lake caves with some of earliest human remains in BC
and the surrounding heritage buildings are also wonderful to prowl around in.

Date of experience: June 2015
FSJMuseum, Manager at Fort St. John North Peace Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

We are happy you learned new things and enjoyed our historic buildings. We are constantly developing new exhibits to share the history of the North Peace region. Please come again soon.