“so nice to find after being in the Northwest Territories.”

Northern Grand Hotel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Fort St. John
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great beds and a great nights rest. The on sight restaurant was good and the breakfast was quite nice. Will come back if in the area. This is a very busy area and I would always book ahead or at least early am of that days stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beemergirl55
QING_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Northern Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank-you for your reveiw of our hotel. We do pride ourselves in providing a comfortable night sleep and we are glad you felt well rested and taken care of.

You are very accurate in the need to book early, we seem to be getting a little busier everyday!
We look forward to your nest visit to Fort St John,

Megan Klein,
Guest Services

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had the opportunity to travel to Fort St. John in early July and stayed at the Quality Inn. Parking was a breeze. The service was amazing - check-in only took a few seconds and I was on the way to my room. The hotel was really busy, but my room was really quiet. I noticed that they offer free movies and popcorn - so I took advantage of it. They had over 100 free movies to choose from - different and nice! Breakfast was amazing. Overall - I will be back

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor and the view was amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ClarkKent9
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Selected this establishment because of location and good(?) reviews. Very disappointed. The pool was closed for remodeling and the food was poor. I ordered spaghetti with meatballs. The meatballs were inedible. I could not even cut them with a table knife. They had obviously been left for an extended time in an oven. Server was quick to offer a substitute. However, both entrée items were included on the dinner check. Had to bring this error to the waiter's attention. On a busy(?) Friday night there appeared to be only one server for the whole establishment.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ED S
QING_Manager, Front Office Manager at Northern Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I would like to offer my sincere apology for what was obviously an extremely disappointing stay. We pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional hotel experience, and any time we fail to meet this goal it is truly disappointing to our entire team.

I hope that we may be in touch so I may specifically address your concerns and offer a more enjoyable stay the next time you are in town, I am available at your service to discuss any aspect of your stay, and can be reached by email at guestservices@qing.ca or by phone at 250-785-0521.

Thank you again for choosing the hotel and for sharing your feedback.
Megan Klein
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Clean, comfortable full service hotel. The breakfast buffet is better than most hotels. Has a good pub with OK food, "slowish" but friendly service, but surprisingly doesn't have Guinness on tap since it appears to be an Irish pub. The wireless internet was not working, which was an annoyance. Was there on a Tuesday night for the wine and "appy" meet and greet event just off the lobby. Free wine and beer for an hour or so, that they poured quite freely. Overall, have stayed there before and will again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob A
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was my first stay in this hotel at FSJ and I was very impressed. I travel a lot for business and stay in many hotels so my standards are high. The staff were extremely helpful in every way. We needed to change rooms and they didn't bat an eye! The room was very clean with a microwave and fridge. New beds in all the rooms - so comfortable! It is a good location to walk to several nearby restaurants and the best cafe in town on the corner from the hotel. The room came with complimentary breakfast. Giant shout out for Amy in the restaurant. She was so friendly, helpful and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was the usual hot buffet - eggs/bacon/sausages - all fine. The oatmeal was delicious along with the fresh fruit salad too. I just can't say enough about the service. When I needed a late check-out - it was done! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed facing the road - bit noisy but you look across the town.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SmithyAM
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We originally booked with another hotel on the main road through town, but we were far from impressed and cancelled upon arrival. While there we looked around and on the hill was the Quality Inn Northern Grand. Everything about this hotel was awesome: the cookies in the lobby, the clean rooms, complimentary microwave popcorn and movies, heated bathroom floor, the lobby coffee, an incredible hot breakfast, and the friendliness of the staff. Their pool was closed but they offered to reimburse us if we used the indoor community water park (which was really awesome after a LONG drive with kids). I can't say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mel54006
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Since this hotel is close to where one of our children lives, we stay here. The hotel is clean, the personnel very friendly and if you arrive when the food is freshly brought out for the included breakfast, quite tasty. We found the rooms to be a bit dark, but really liked the heated floor in the bathroom. Good soundproofing as we never heard any pub noises which was right below our room. Exercise room is quite small. The hotel is quite centrally located in the city and you can walk to just about anywhere quite easily.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family