“Highly Recommend”

Stonebridge Hotel Fort St. John
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Fort St. John
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great place to stay. Nicely updated throughout. Room was very clean. Satellite TV. Wireless internet needs improvement (apparently only available to rooms located on the 1st floor). Restaurant and pub on site. Safeway very nearby. They don't offer room service but you can go down to the pub and order food to bring back to your room if you like. Bed was very comfortable (I'm a stickler about this) and the towels were nice and soft. Customer service was excellent. Look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dale I, General Manager at Stonebridge Hotel Fort St. John, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Ms. CassCrawford,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great review of us on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is very valuable. Room service will be available shortly as the menu has been re-designed. We look forward to having you in the future and again, thank you for the wonderful review.

Dale Isley
Stonebridge Hotel Fort St. John

Reviewed October 2, 2012

A great place to stay after a full day on the bus. I was most fortunate to arrive at suppertime and received a complimentary beverage ( maybe two or three ) and most appetizing bite to eat ( chicken wings, green salad and pasta casserole ) I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was very good. My special thanks to Amelia who transported me to and from the bus depot with the shuttle. I really appreciated this service. Special thanks to Alanna (sp) who was on the desk when I arrived and also hostessed the complimentary "refreshment" evening in the ballroom. She was delightful. Special thanks to Karen who literally "ran her legs off" taking and delivering the breakfast orders in the morning.She remained cheerful despite how busy it was. My room was fresh and very comfortable...however, the walls could be a bit "thicker" !! I would stay here again !!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A good place to rest your head after a busy day working out of town.
Staff friendly and there is a complimentary breakfast, which was good.
No complaints.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the back parking lot, and away from the nightclub side if you wan...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We liked everything about this hotel: the funky old decor that made it seem like a kind of day spa with its muted colors, the hippie-incense smell of the hallways (kind of like nag champa), and the spacious room with excellent beds--super comfortable (always a concern for me)--and good amenities. The room was clean and in good shape; plus, this place has a fantastic gym, fully stocked even with free weights and several cardio machines. I also found the staff pleasant and helpful. My main beefs with the place: in the room, the walls were a bit thin, but not enough to keep me up. The restaurant/food was hit or miss. We had dinner from the restaurant--my partner's burger was good. My soup tasted like it came from a Progresso can (potato leek), though I loved the chocolate cake dessert. The free breakfast was a joke. Almost no choices, and we got there early enough for them not to have run out of food. I think they prefer people use the $5 off to buy the specials, which looked tasty, but we didn't want to spend money on a breakfast that was supposed to be included. Overall, our experience here was very good, but not quite excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel has been nicely renovated, the beds are comfortable. The ventilation system in my room was noisy but at least it was a consistent noise that blocked out any other noises. I don't like being on a smoking floor as it would appear that there are rooms that are smoking just by walking down the hall, I would ask where they are located on my return stay. The evening meal in the lounge was excellent, the eggs benedict in the restaurant was wonderful!

Room Tip: located within walking distance to the malls
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The hotel is decorated very nicely, the rooms are clean with comfy beds and big screen TVs. My only problem with this hotel is the lack of insulation between the walls and floors. I could hear a lot of noise from my neighbors on all sides. I got to listen to the person above me use the toilet often... Really gross. Not very pleasant when you are trying to sleep or just in general. Bring earplugs if you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here over the long weekend. Hotel was clean enough on first inspection but later I found the cups in our room to be dirty even though they had those little paper sleeves on them. Our towels were atrocious! Holes in some and those that didnt have holes had bits of string and the towel itself hanging from the sides. Every mirror or window in the room had prints left on it from the previous guest. The sheets appeared clean but I noticed some staining on them later, pretty unexcusable when all the linens are white. The housekeeping staff was very busy apparently and missed our room for fresh towels etc. after the first night. I have no problems conserving and reusing but the service was advertised and therefore expected. When I called down to the front desk to ask for more towels, there was no apology offered or even politeness. They also advertised a continental breakfast but forgot to mention that it was only available with a coupon and between 6-9. Overall, with the amount we paid for the room I expected more and the customer service standards are about par with everything else in this town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family