“Poor Place” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
“Poor Place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Only the second time I had been in an A & W as not really a fan of fast food places. This was a perfect example of why I steer clear of them. Called in About 8 pm on a Monday evening so not at the dead end of the day, on a trip from Kelowna to Edmonton. The was about as welcoming as bears cave. It was dreary not very clean and the staff were about as interested in us as I would be in ????? well put your own ideas here. Anyway as my partner had had a Chicken burger thing at an AW in Edmonton I ordered that. It was OK. Really not much worse than I expected, but I was hungry so ate it. Probably won't go to one of these again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Skinut79

“Thouroughly let down.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stopped at this A&W wanting some good, fresh Chubby Chicken but instead had to suffer through a 15 minute wait to get this disgusting dry and cold chicken. My sister decided on having a burger and was given an undercooked rubbery patty on a soggy bun. I am NOT impressed and never again will I return to that location. The service was super slow and the cashier was extremely sassy. I hope if you come across the review before eating you change your mind and go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Fionadancepants
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent service on the long weekend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

So after a long road trip we decided to try going to this A&W for supper instead of another clown type resteraunt.

I was skeptical after the trip advisor reviews but I was pleasently suprised. The place was being hit hard (long weekend rush) and they had all the tills going. A manager was also running back and forth helping complete orders at all of the tills. We were able to upgrade our coupon to include rings (unlike at the Rosetown A&W) and we had no issues with our special ordered burgers (no sauce/ketchup).

Our food was super hot, on spec for order, and arrived quickly even though the place was super busy.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 is the place was a bit dirty (bathrooms/lobby). However, they were keeping up with filling things like the ketchup dispensor. Considering how busy the place was they were doing an awesome job! :)

I'd go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nanaimo, Canada
“No Onion Rings!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

That has to be an all time first for A & Dub. We go there specifically for them. My wife ordered a burger, no cheese, and three times they turned out burgers with cheese which were given to customers arriving after us. Long story short we waited over 20 minutes for our order... no apology. Hmmmm and no return for us either

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bob137
Golden, Canada
“$3.00 to take off a slice of tomato from a burger I haven't ordered yet, What??!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I rarely eat fast food, but once and a while we will get together with the whole family (we're all locals from Golden) and have dinner somewhere that's just fast, easy, and we don't have to have a lengthy conversation at the end of the meal to figure out who's food and drinks go on which families tab.

About 6 months ago we went to A & W and I ordered a burger that has tomato on it. I really dislike tomato and though I have asked many restaurants to take it off (and they don't) just began telling the worker taking my order that I have an allergy.... and that's exactly what I did at this A & W. The worker looked at me without blinking an eye and told me that it would cost an additional $3.00 and tax to have the kitchen take off the tomato. I was at first kind of confused, thinking well why waste a tomato? Save it for the next guests.... I am taking something OFF of my burger, not adding something on. The cashiers response than was that when they are slow they pre-make their burgers and what I was ordering was already cooked, assembled, and waiting for the consumer under a heat lamp.

Needless to say, I just ordered a Root Beer and skipped my meal!

• Visited May 2012