“Excellent.”
Review of Glenogle Mountain Lodge and Spa - CLOSED

Glenogle Mountain Lodge and Spa
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2010

We had an absolutely excellent meal. 5 of us went for dinner on Christmas day. We were served salad with lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, onion, a very mild cheese with a vinaigrette. VERY GOOD. Then came dinner. Stuffed pork roast, salmon, rouladen, spatzle, brussel sprouts, carrots, red cabbage, pork and beef gravy and potato dumplings. Absolutely excellent!. The first time in my 53 years on this planet I have liked salmon and brussel sprouts. Then came dessert........stuffed apples, cherry strudel and cheese cake. All served with tea, coffee and a wide variety of alcoholic beverages if desired. We had a Christmas day we will remember as one of the best for the rest of our lives.

There are newer reviews for Glenogle Mountain Lodge and Spa

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Good Food! Good Times! Good Service! It is a very long time that me and my husband have found such a wonderful place where you still can get a delicious and creative meal served in a very beautiful atmosphere! We sure will be back for more!

Reviewed October 30, 2010

Our group of 6 enjoyed a yummy breakfast at Glenogle Lodge.
Doris and Norbert were wonderful hosts, greeting us as if we were long lost family, serving plate after plate of home-made goodness.
I had called the day before to let the chef (Doris) know not to make any of her famous oatmeal pancakes for me, as I have celiac disease, and I am not able to eat anything with gluten.
We started with fresh fruit salad and juice, then the platters started arriving. Home made pork sausage rounds, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, eggs benedict, and her famous pancakes.....you cannot imagine my surprise when she presented me with "my own" platter of pancakes, gluten free made with quinoa!! They were so good, and I was really touched with her efforts
Our table over looked the beautiful mountains with the tree tops lightly dusted with fresh snow. The lodge has a cozy cabin feel, (on a grand scale) that led us to have a relaxing, leisurely meal with our friends.
We paid less than we would have for the same meal at a regular restaurant, but this came with an amazing view, no feeling of being rushed for our table and someone that cared enough about my experience to research recipes specific to my dietary needs.
Thank you, we will return often, I am looking forward to dinner too.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Our breakfast (along with our overnight stay) at Glenogle was truly a feast. We were more than pleased with homemade sausage and spectacular apple-oatmeal pancakes, all served family style, just like at Grandma's. Doris and Norbert made us feel like part of their family, so welcome and cared for. Don't miss out on the fabulous home-cooked meals and warm service at Glenogle.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

There was no limit to the culinary improvisation which Doris made to meet our desires for both dinner and breakfast - the menu was simply a starting point for our desires and our host's creativity. Formerly butchers and bakers, it is not surprising that the meals were excellent and a reflection of their German heritage.

Our hosts are very so welcoming and engaging - they enjoy their guest as much as their guests enjoy them.