“I felt blessed to have had the contact I did with Wiley & Aspen and the Northern Lights center.”

Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre
Ranked #5 of 67 things to do in Golden
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had tried once before to get to Golden but this I time I made it and we went walking with Wiley & Aspen, prior to the walk we had a look round the area the wolves were in was as close to their natural habitat as it could be. The guy that was going to take us on the walk had to go out for around 10mins as he left the wolves and the bear dogs started howling the noise just made every hair on your body stand on end. The walk itself was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. Both the wolves came up to me but a few mins later the male jumped at a tree and came down with a bird in his mouth which he chomped feathers, bones the lot. It just proved that they weren't being domesticated but were being let as near as possible to remain the beautful wild animals they are. Somebody moaned about the expence I felt it was extremely good value and when you realise that the Center travels all over to try and change peoples idea that wolves are evil and will attack for no reason I would have happily paid more. No I'm not some woman who is loaded, I am a pensioner and saved up so I could go there. Anybody who is thinking of going all I can say is GO just remember it is not a ZOO it is a place that is returning wolves to laces whee they had been hunted out. Northern Lights wre responsible for restocking Yellowstone Parks wolves because when they had been culled and none remained the natural order of things changed with no natural preditor to kill the deer etc., for food NOT FOR GAIN OR FOR A TROPHY HAT.
I visited in January 2008

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Susan A

Cambridgeshire
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Very interesting.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We made a special trip based on their flyer. It was interesting, we did learn a lot about wolves as you would expect! The whole place a bit "rough around the edges" I accept that as they are protecting a vunerable species and don't have a load of money. I would not want a sanitised view of the wolves however this was very expensive and add the petrol on top to get there not worth the trouble. But, having said that, keep up the good work guys. Didn't visit the toilet................. looked a bit rough!

Visited September 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very informative”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were leery about visiting but found it to be very informative and interesting. Happened to be there when the owners and one of the lead wolves arrived after a walk and the baby wolves woke up and entertained us. We have a new respect for wolves after learning so much about their species. It is a good family outing. The young people that do the presentation are super enthusiast and well informed.

NRW, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We visited the Centre in July during our vacation in Golden.The guide was very dedicated and I really liked her (therefore 2 instead of 1 point) The information you get is good, but I don´t like the way the wolves are held in the cages. In Germany they have more room in most of the zoos and this is a centre with special interest in wolves. I was kind of shocked, how small the cages were. And some of the wolves are not "real" wolves but a mixture between wolf and dog.

Visited July 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sounds good, but...”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went there with great expectations and got disappointed completely. Some wolves behind fences, a 5 minute "foto session" with two wolves on leashes, that was over just before you could realize what's gonna happen. And last not least a totally uninspiring, but mumbling "trainee"-guide... 12 Dollar entry was too much. Sorry!

Visited August 2012