“seeing the wolves” 5 of 5 bubbles

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“seeing the wolves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stopped in Golden overnight at the Rodeo grounds and I met the gal who owns Northern Lights Wildlife center. My very timid dog ran over to her and jumped up and this dog never does this. Shelly has a wonderful relationship and understanding of dogs and wolves, so I knew this gal was the real thing. We went up to the center and unfortunately just missed the walk out with her and the wolves.
They are very concerned about the welfare of our wolves here in BC as well as around the world. Sean gave a very informative speech on the wolf and his habitat,we learned a great deal.
They rescued the wolves that they have they do not breed them...I hope that everyone who is traveling thru has the opportunity to go there and meet these majestic animals

Visited September 2012

Calgary, Alberta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“interesting way to spend an hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a day to kill in Golden, so I drove the 10km from Golden to the wolf center. It wasn't what i'd imagined, i was surpised to see the wolves in such small cages. Also they were all inclosed in chain links, so it was impossible to take any good photos.
I went at Easter, so the snow was melting and the place was quite muddy and gross. Wear old footwear!
The guide gave a lot of information, but was quite politically biased to the left. I was turned off by a lot of her opinions that she presented as facts. However, I also did learn a lot about natural wolf behaviors, and three months later I encountered a wild wolf while hiking. Before my trip to the Wolf center I would have been quite freaked out to encounter a wolf while hiking solo, but I know now that wolves have a natural disposition to avoid people, so I was awed instead of afraid.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Elle M
Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada
“Our Daughter's Love ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was very awarding for our daughter to visit the wolves. This uncommon display give all of us as a family to become more educated especially understanding the impact of the KEYSTONE - many of us are dealing with the impact of deer, which explains it. This is a place to study the wolves. If anyone wishes to improve all aspects - this is where you start. Every rescue requires at start and I can not express how costly this is. If you feel there is much needed room for improvement then dont be shy to assist with it. I operate a horse rescue in Alberta. So I aware of the on going struggles. A Little goes a long way. Education is the only way to make it happen for these wolves, upgrading the residence and providing the means. Getting everyone on board. Wolves are and should be the least of our worries as a threat. This was a wonderful place with great operators. We took our time to know, learn and assistance!

Visited August 2012
Pembroke, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We took a photo expedition with Black Wolf Photography, and wolves Maya and Flora. It was such a privilege to be so close to these beautiful animals, and to be able to take fantastic shots of them "in the wild". I can see that maybe those who only visited the centre, interesting though it is, would not get so much out of their visit - the centre is quite small, although there are lots of information boards and displays, and an enthusiastic talk; but to watch these animals in their own environment, without wires between us and them - a remarkable opportunity.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

a condescending speech by a seemingly over-educated individual willing to blame the government for all problems yet expecting all who visit, to dig deep in their pockets to help. Never actually went on a "tour" of the wolves, simple got to watch 3 or 4 wolves laze around the caged enclosure behind the lecturer.

Visited September 2012