“Inspiring”

Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre
Ranked #5 of 69 things to do in Golden
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My family went out of our way to visit the Wolf Centre and we were not disappointed. We fell in love with the wolves and to hear them howl gives you tingles. These people have dedicated their lives to the protection and understanding of these amazing animals. We were truely grateful for the experience. We sponsored a wolf and feel that we are now doing our small part. Would recommend it to anyone who loves animals.

3  Thank Vicki S

Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is an interesting side stop in BC. My wife and I took the tour for $12.00 each and felt it was worth it. The young "guide or docent" was very knowledgeable. The animals are "rescue" wolf/dog hybrids and some full blooded wolves. All are kept in wire mesh enclosures set up to look like they are in the wild. The day we went they were semi comatose due to being fed the day before. The highlight was when they all howled in unison. It was amazing to hear, deep and resonating. That alone was worth the entry. Don't go in expecting too much, keep an open mind. The cost was in reason for the area as we found everything in BC to be somewhat pricey, but hey your there..... so enjoy.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This August I returned with my daughter to Northern Lights. Visited with my 3 girls back in 09, and it was incredibly educational in the most inspiring and captivating way.
Took in the wolf walk and BY FAR exceeded our expectations (don't want to give all the magic away...). Worth every penny, have the memories forever. The experience and education is lead by a family who has invested 13+ years in the cause. Folks this is not an empty adventure - you really do walk away with something far greater than a frivolous souvenir and what you leave for them is continued opportunity to support these wolves and the cause. Highly recommend it!

2  Thank tammy101
Reviewed August 27, 2011

All wolfs are in small cages and 30 dollars (2 adults, one child) to see them sleeping through a fence are a reason to avoid this place. You don´t need more than 10 minutes to see the entire "center". Evereything looks very unprofessional.

7  Thank Guidovisitsbc
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had a good time at the Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre and I loved to hear the wolves howl! But better prepare with mosquito repellent during the summer months, there are hundreds of these nasty little things!!!!!!! We also saw one of their wolves coming back from a foto safari being fed so that she could then give the food to the little cubs which licked around her mouth.