“very interesting”

Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre
Ranked #4 of 68 things to do in Golden
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had a good time at the Northern Lights Wildlife Wolf Centre and I loved to hear the wolves howl! But better prepare with mosquito repellent during the summer months, there are hundreds of these nasty little things!!!!!!! We also saw one of their wolves coming back from a foto safari being fed so that she could then give the food to the little cubs which licked around her mouth.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We drove from Canmore AB to Golden BC for a visit to the Northern Lights Wolf Center. The young man (John) who gave the presentation was very friendly and knowledgeable. For us, it was definitely worth the drive. We enjoyed seeing the wolves who are well cared for and obviously comfortable in their roles as co-educators. This isn't a huge complex for an all-day affair, but a nice stop to learn about wolves and ask questions. They also offer wolf walks which are where you are allowed to accompany the caretakers to an open area where they let the wolves run free for exercise. It is geared toward photographers but all are welcome. I do not know the cost for that trip, but general admission to the center is $12 and goes toward the center's operation.

2  Thank DasKins
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We booked to go for a walk with a wolf- not because we are photography enthusiasts but simply because we have respect for the wolf and their order of life. It was a treat to be able to just walk beside this magnificent animal..according to its rules and timing. Pack alphas- Casey and Shelley guide you through the walk...we had the priviledge of meeting Maya who is a canny wolf- not shy...but smart. The walk is easy..takes about an hour and a half and you also have the opportunity to take photos, see wild flowers and eat wild strawberries(in June/July). Cost is quite high but the experience if worth it. We would do it again if we ever came to Golden again. They do not take more than 4 people at once- so no crowds. My husband has a walking issue- he has a replacement hip and knee but found the walk no problem.

3  Thank ScottishPrincess
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We were at the centre last summer and it was amazing. The Staff was very informative and the wolves were stunning. It is a great educational centre for everyone. I will have to visit again.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

I visited 2 years ago and even now if I close my eyes I can hear the howl that started coz casey left them for a short time. Walking in the snow and Wiley came upto me to be stroked followed closely by aspen has to rate in my top 5 things that have happened to me. Wiley jumping at a tree catching and eating a bird reminded me he really was a wild animal. sue armstrong

1  Thank hecatay