We found the Glenogle Lodge via TripAvisor, and stayed for an initial one night in July 2007.
What can we say?
- Doris and Norbert are great hosts. So nice, so friendly and so welcoming.
- The food was fantastic! Why go to a restaurant when people come here to enjoy Doris' cooking? Great range of meals, and huge portions!
- The setting is just amazing. Being located a couple of kilometres outside Golden, you might not want to stay outside a town. However, the peaceful and quiet location is fantastic and the views are breathtaking. Lots of fresh mountain air too.
- The standard of accommodation is great. We stayed in a room with fantastic views, and ate our evening meals on the balcony watching the sunlight fade on the mountains. The room was large, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and suitable for disabled or infirm guests (shower is open, and has a seat in it, wheelchair ramp access to the Lodge). Bed was super comfortable, and room had wireless internet access too.
Overall, the Glenogle Mountain Lodge is one of the very best places we have stayed in (and we've stayed in a whole range of hotels from the cheapest to pretty expensive). This is a great place to stay if you want to explore the Rockies and Parks during the day.
It was so good, we stayed an extra 2 nights. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. Give it a try, and you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Bed & Breakfast Lodge. Glenogle Mountain Lodge & Spa is one of Golden’s newer exquisite accommodations, designed to exceed all your getaway expectations. Our attention to detail and outstanding service will contribute to your creation of a memory to cherish. Our Lodge is nestled in a quiet valley, about 8 km north east and 400 m above Golden, British Columbia. You will find yourself amidst spectacular views of the Rocky and Purcell Mountain Ranges. The breathtaking view of the mountains and the bubbling creek will bring you back to your Center. Our licensed lounge and European cuisine will fill your spirit and ensure you have a grand getaway. Glenogle Mountain Lodge & Spa features a beautiful dining area with spectacular views and fireplace. The dining area was built around an extremely large tree, which lends to the amazing architecture of the lodge. Glenogle features 10 luxurious rooms with soft warm down duvets and fluffy bathrobes, as well as a 2-bedroom suite, complete with living area and a big-screen TV in the main lodge. We also have 3 private, cozy and fully equipped chalets for those romantic getaways. Glenogle Lodge is the ideal setting for small weddings, romantic getaways, family reunions, vacations, retreats, business meetings. Indulge yourself in our comfortable surroundings, enjoy a massage after an active day or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Glenogle Mountain Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenogle Mountain Hotel
- Hotel Glenogle Mountain