“Was O.K.”

The Range Sports Grill
Ranked #30 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The restaurant is right across from our hotel, arrived around 7:00 p.m. Friday night, it was very busy, managed to get a seat in the front of the restaurant. Passing through the bar area, noticed they had a number of tables and a 10 foot tv screen, a nice touch.
We were seated in the window area, it was warm, one of the waitresses opened a door and it cooled right down. Very attentive waitresses, took our order right away, as I say, the place was packed so there was a wait, which was ok, you are in the mountains, which are lovely. I ordered a pontine burger and my husband had the fish, his was lightly battered and incredibly fresh, delicious, my burger was a pre formed burger, not so nice . . . I would give it a ok. All in all it was a nice experience, I would recommend, but watch out for the burger, it was just ok.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Passing through Golden, stopped here for an excellent meal for 3 adults and 2 kids. Kids ordered off the kids menu - chicken strips and fries...excellent on both counts. Steak sandwich, club sandwich and soup of the day all very good. Service friendly and quick with our meals served in about 10 min. Great atmosphere - World cup soccer on the big screen. We will stop here again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

My husband and I stopped in late evening for supper, the location was convenient since our hotel was next door. The menu is extensive with what's looked like something for everyone. My husband had the club sandwich, with fries which he really enjoyed but it was huge so could only eat half of it,I had the SteakThai Salad, which was also excellent but huge, so also could not finish it, there was a entire New York Strip Steak on top of salad and Thai noodles. The waitress was more focused on getting ready to close I think so possibly because it was 10:30 and not busy she gets to leave early. Any way the food was excellent the atmosphere was nice but service could be better. We will stop I again and have already recommended it to our kids, since they an finish a huge meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This restaurant was across the road from our hotel so convenient went about 7:30 Friday night. We ordered and suddenly a town wide power failure. Our waitress did not come by for 10 minutes to explain anything then came to say that my food would be along shortly because it was on the gas grill but my husbands would be arriving ONLY if the power came back on. I'm thinking they should be holding off on mine until they see what's happening with the power and perhaps asking if you wanted to change to something that could be done on the gas grill. I had the big kahuna chicken burger it was very ordinary and since the deep fryer was not operational the fries were old and cold. 30 minutes later my husbands food did arrive the Road Rash burger he says it was very good. Perhaps not a fair test for the food but the service was lacking and they could have handled the situation much better and more professionally.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am a truck driver and attempted to have a meal in your restaurant and your incredibly vulgar, rude and contemptuous waiter refused me service.

After this E-mail I am going to complain to the Better Business Bureau. This behavior was beyond rude, IT WAS CRIMINAL !

A Very Upset and Outraged Customer