“New hotel, good for a road trip stopover”

Holiday Inn Express Golden
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Golden
London, United Kingdom
“New hotel, good for a road trip stopover”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is brand new so everything is very nice and clean.

Location is good for quick stopover as near the highway but would not be great for an extended stay as it is not in town centre.

One staff member on front desk was extremely rude and unhelpful which was not great.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shaun R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Golden, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Shaun R,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you liked our new facility and chose us for your stopover.

It is regrettable that your stay was negatively impacted by the level of service you have received from our hotel staff. We value your comments, whether positive or negative, for this will help us continue improving on our service. I have shared your comments with our hotel management to look into and consider taking the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel saved our day! We had booked in to a small hotel and were disgusted by how dirty it was... Then had no place to stay. We called thinking it would be full like all the rest, or it would be $200+ a night, but we were pleasantly surprised!
The fantastic front desk girl not only spoke great English but she had a room at a reasonable price in a brand new hotel!!

We swam in the awesome pool and relaxed in the huge hot tub! The kids were in heaven!
Our room was huge and super clean. Pillows were even marked "soft" and "firm"!!
To top it off the front desk girl, after hearing our horror story from the first hotel, gave us a complementary bottle of champagne to help us feel better! She was super sweet!
We will stay here again and highly recommend it to everyone!!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Traci U
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This brand new hotel is in an excellent location for business or leisure travellers. Right on Hwy 1, it's easy to access for a quick overnight stop. Only about five minutes from downtown, it's also good for a stopover visit to Golden. Quick, polite check-in, beautifully clean and fresh (it is brand new), our room had a king bed, easy chair, desk, coffee, micro, etc. WiFi connected seamlessly and there were plenty of easy-access outlets for laptops and camera batteries. Very comfortable mattress and - bless the designers - excellent light in the bathroom. I could actually see to put on my make-up. Thank you! Breakfast room bright and cheerful even on a very rainy morning. Food fresh and tasty. Food areas constantly tidied and cleaned. I hate paper plates and plastic cutlery, as much for the environmental impact as for pleasure of eating experience. I get the labour-saving, but I still don't like it. Overall, very good accommodations. I would certainly stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BC
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a brand new hotel. I mean, so new you can still smell the new carpet smell in the hallway! Beautifully done. Check in was a breeze, even though there was only one woman on and she was BUSY. My room was on the third floor - king size bed in room 302. Beautiful. Views of the mountains, and beautifully finished. I slept like a baby - and stated several times during the rest of my business trip that I wished I could bring the hotel with me! The complimentary breakfast was hot - and fresh. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, bagles, pancakes, fruit, cereal, coffee tea, and these yummy folded 'omlette' things that had ham and salsa in them. The staff were super friendly as well - making sure that if they passed you in the hall, you were addressed and with a smile no less!

Will definately be back, as I want to share the beauty of Golden with my family (I was travelling for business) and would not venture to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank lfjoliver
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

So here's the thing, in my opinion Holiday Inns are typically a solid bet but I really can't say how thrilled I am, and my traveling party is, with our room. The hotel is spic and span, the hotel is clean and the parking is free. That said the limelight falls on the room as it should. This room, the double queen, is huge; and I mean HUGE. It's complimented by 2 massive full size double windows and a LED TV. The bathroom is massive as well, oh, and it has a full size couch and an arm chair as well. Sure the view isn't much but I doubt you'll be looking out the window much with a room as impressive as this one. Now then this match wasn't exactly made in heaven. While most everything was stellar the toilet was filthy - and I mean atrocious (use your imagination). However when I called the front desk at 1:00am the lady rushed up to deal with the mess. I would be fibbing if I said this didn't phase me but the quick response and overall quality and value of this place puts it high up on my scale of places to stay when traveling.

• Stayed April 2014
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place was exactly as advertised with no surprises and was a great overnight stay. The pool and hot tub were both nice, the gym was small but very clean and all 3 machines (elliptical, bike, treadmill) were brand new and the TV worked. Continental breakfast was pretty decent, although we got there around 9:15 (it ends at 9:30) so there wasn't any fruit...I think there's probably some if you get there earlier. Otherwise - pancakes, eggs, bacon, muffins, toast, bagels, cinnamon buns, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea - lots to eat. Staff was very friendly, room was immaculate and had everything we needed. No complaints and we would definitely stay here again if we're stopping through.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RedDeer85
Spruce Grove
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed just one night on our way through. Hotel is quite new, very clean, family friendly, and the staff are great! Lots of parking available. Our kids enjoyed the pool. Room/beds were comfortable. Bathroom amenities are Bath & Body Works brand :). Breakfast was good. Beautiful view of the mountains! Close to Tim Hortons as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family