“Highlight of our holiday”

Rocky Mountain Riders Snowmobile Tours and Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocky Mountain Riders is a locally owned tour and rental company in Golden BC offering snowmobile tours for groups of all sizes and desires. Our high performance snowmobiles and qualified local guides ensure a first-rate experience, while the variety of terrain ranging from extreme backcountry to scenic trail rides is sure to please riders of all levels. If a guided tour is not your thing, we also offer snowmobile rentals. Our goal is to provide the ultimate sledding experience to each and every guest.
Kent
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Highlight of our holiday”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Oh my God. What a awesome trip. This was by far the highlight of our holiday. We'd never been on a snowmobile before, but we were given full instruction on how to use them. My husband and I had one between us, him driving or should that be riding (I'm not sure) and me as a passenger. The staff were all lovely. Our guide Matt, was wonderful, a great laugh,really friendly, but not foolhardy, so as to put people at risk. I'm led to believe that Rocky Mountain riders are the only snowmobile company in the area, which let you have free time on the lake to enjoy yourself. We went on a snowmobile/ice fishing trip. Made a couple of holes in the ice, set up a few lines, then had fun, charging about the lake. We then got a call from Matt to say that hot chocolate was ready, and also the burgers were cooking. I'm also led to believe that RMR are the only ones to provide food on their trips.
The views were wonderful.
All in all, this was a trip not to be missed. A full day out. Transport was included from Banff.

Visited February 2013

“Extreme backcountry tour was even better than I had hoped for.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The machines were powerful and reliable. Our guide, Jan, was very knowledgable, easy-going, skilled, and held many safety credentials.

We were provided with avalanche packs and beacons and were shown how to use them.

The scenery, terrain and conditions were awesome. We are experienced flat land riders and were quite honestly intimidated by the sheer magnitude of the terrain. Jan never pushed us beyond our comfort zone and always explained the plan of attack for each ascent and descent.

This was a bucket list experience which I intended on doing once but will now come back and do it again.

Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Moon Light snowmobile tour”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

During our ski trip to Kicking Horse, my wife surprised me with a moon light snowmobile tour (she is the best!) We had a blast. I had done snowmobile before, but never at night. it was really special. it was really exciting to speed in the trails in the dark beneath the tall pines, deep cliffs bordering the trail and the view was amazing. Matt, our tour guide, was the best. He's great at this job, really friendly and professionnal, made us laugh and even brought us hot coco and chocolate cookies to warm us at one of the overlooks. He's a real chef! I would recommend this activity to everyone who likes uncommon nightly adventures. Or any fun wife who wants to surprise her outdoorsy husband.

Visited February 2013