“Great burgers and good live music”
Review of The Wolf's Den

The Wolf's Den
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Wolf's Den is a full service restaurant specializing in homemade food that is prepared fresh and from scratch every day! •Delicious... specializing in Prime Steaks and a wide array of gourmet homemade burgers the Wolf's Den is sure to have something delicious for everyone to sink their teeth into. •Satisfying... with our steaks cut to individually ordered size, our massive 8 oz. patties and large portion sizes there is no doubt that you will leave happy and satisfied with your dinner. •Beautiful... our large and historic log building is situated near the banks of the Kicking Horse River and offers stunning 180 degree mountain vistas that will leave you breathless and awe inspired while you sit back and enjoy your experience. A large selection of cold beer on ice, a magnificent and varied wine selection, crisp and clean beer on tap and a large selection of specialized cocktails, martinis and blended beverages will be sure to get the good times started and keep them rolling! Featuring Golden's largest HD big screen playing all sports... all the time on our super clear 60" HD TV!
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The burgers here are great anytime, but go on Sunday between 5 and 8 pm for live local musicians. We were serenaded during dessert and stayed on long after the meal was over.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

off season in a ski town, but filled with locals, always a good sign.
Steaks very expensive, but huge selection of burgers. Nice selection of draught beers.
Four pints and three burgers for $84.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

If burgers are what you are after then these were good. Live open music on Sunday evening added to the friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our family (2 adults, 2 kids) ate dinner here. My husband had the Terminator and I had the California Dreamin' chicken burger that I hesitated to order (when at a beef burger joint, order a beef burger!) but the waitress assured me I wouldn't be disappointed. She was right...GREAT chicken burger and my husband and kids thoroughly enjoyed their burgers as well. Atmosphere is very much a "dude-joint", like a sports bar feel in a unique rustic, wooden setting. TV's were on showing a golf game...which was turned up very loud. I asked the waitress to turn down and she said "I get that a lot at these three tables by the speaker, but we can't turn it down as it's the only speaker in the place." That was irritating for me with my family trying to enjoy dinner out, but perhaps not so irritating if you are 25 and having a beer and burger with your buds!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent 3 days in Golden last week and The Wolf's Den Restaurant is the pub where we eat the best burger and drink the best beers.
I invite you to eat Terminator 2 if you have a strong stomach! This is for the expert .. :) For the price, all restaurant are expensive in Alberta and BC, but $ 37 for 2 beers, 1 + extra burger, salad and desert the Wolf's Den is a great choice.