“Big amazing place!”

Chatter Creek
Ranked #9 of 69 things to do in Golden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Situated on the western slopes of the Rocky Mountains, deep in the backcountry, Chatter is known for its large and spectacular terrain. Ski or snowboard our mind-blowing powder snow in 58,000 acres of alpine bowls, stunning glaciers and endless tree runs. This amazing place, Chatter Creek, is only a 3 hour drive and a gorgeous helicopter flight away from western Canada’s second largest city, Calgary, Alberta.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I spent a week up at Chatter Creek doing an Avalanche course with staff and Search and Rescue personnel from Golden SAR and the US and Canadian military. It is an amazing place, surrounded by a huge area to play in. The lodge at various times of year offers cat skiing, heli skiing and sledding. Several big film companies shot footage here, and many groups come in to shot for magazines etc, when you get up here you will see why.... can I say amazing again? I can't wait to get back up here to go play in the snow.

2  Thank iFosser
in 2 reviews
"snow"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed February 6, 2013

It was my dream to get to Chatter Creek based on first seeing the guys in action here in a Warren Miller movie about 6 years ago. So to finally get here after much research and further referrals from many people, I was so so impressed with the experience start to finish.
I spent 3 days here in late January 2013 and I had a ball and got some of the best runs of my life.......I've only done a few cat skiing experiences and I'm so glad I was able to get a chance with the best of the best.
The terrain, the company, the lodge, the food, the cats, the bar and the rooms are all outstanding and what you would like to expect. However, what makes Chatter the bomb is the staff and their great casual, but engaging attitudes.
Our guide Steve, was a gun and did his job in a great professional and low key manner. Rachael was our tail guide and such a great sport. Another bonus was Dylan and his photography skills the that comes to the floor on one of the days for your groups tour.
I was with a great group of people on the tour and in my cat, all a few years order than me, but everyone's ability and attitude ensured us that we all had a great time whilst maximising the runs. By default it's also a great business and casual networking opportunity across the 36 guests.

I've been fortunate enough to visit many remote sports fishing (NZ, Northern Territory & The Great Barrier Reef) and surfing lodges (Maldives & Indo) and experiences over the years with my job and with friends, and I must say this was the best of all by far. I put this down to the snow, the lodge, importantly the terrain but definitely the great team of staff also.

Thanks to Dale, Jodie and the team for bringing this all together.
I'll be there every year from here on in, hopefully twice a year if I can.

THE BEST!...but don't tell anyone.......

Hope this helps.

Cheers...Greg

3  Thank MORI-MAGIC
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My partner and I spent four days at Chatter Creek late March/early April 2012 and were blown away at the quality of the trip. First of all, guests are flown in by helicopter - how cool is that? Greeted with delectable apres-ski snacks, we were instantly at ease in the comfy lodge. The dinners were all superb, with great service and delicious courses. The four days of skiing were the best of our lives. There was something for everyone, and lots of deep, fluffy snow for all. We had a photographer on hand for a few of the days to capture the experience, and we couldn't resist buying the images so we could re-live the trip. The rooms were well-appointed and comfortable, and the bar was well-stocked. The lodge manager Charlie kept everyone happy and well taken care of, and we were lucky enough to be there for his birthday!

I highly recommend cat skiing at Chatter Creek Mountain Lodge. I can't wait to go back!

3  Thank KarilynK