“Always great good & service!”
Review of Golden Grizzly Cookhouse - CLOSED

Golden Grizzly Cookhouse
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have never had a bad experience here. Food is always good, big portions and super service! Anna is such a pleasure to interact with, upbeat and so positive. I would recommend the place to anyone. Great steaks!!

anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we really appreciate it. The staff at the Golden Grizzly always strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations with our menu and service. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch and had the Roadkill burger with a Cesar salad. Excellent food and awesome service and very reasonable prices. I will be returning for sure!

We appreciate you business and thank you for the time you took to write an awesome review. We hope to see you again soon, happy travels!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I decided to stop in and try and I was impressed with look and feel for this cookhouse and as good as Montanas if not better so I will definitely try again. Had sandwich and soup special and affordable and delicious! Inviting and warm, thanks!

anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review. We aim to provide quick and helpful service with a fresh and affordable menu and are so happy that you had a pleasant experience. Happy travels and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We travel between BC and Alberta regularly and for the first time ever, decided to stop in for supper. This place looked good from the outside so we thought we would give it a try. Things started out okay and we were seated and our drink order was taken fairly quickly. I ordered french onion soup and my husband ordered the philly shaved steak sandwich. When we got our meals, my husband's plate was a gravy covered steak with a baked potato and steamed veg (kind of looked like something from a hospital). My soup - well, it was a bowl of mush - no broth - just mushy broth soaked croutons with some cheese on top. As soon as our food was dropped of at the table our waitress disappeared. After waiting for I don't know how long.... And no waitress in sight, we finally decided to leave. I waited by the front of the house until she finally came out from somewhere in the back. I told her that the soup was not right and that my husband got the wrong meal altogether. Her not so customer oriented response was "well sorry.... there's nothing I can do about that". At that point we said we would pay for our coke's and we left.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of you experience. We are very sorry that our service and food were below average during your visit. We always read these reviews and look at ways to improve our guest visits and appreciate the time you took to review us.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a delicious gluten free burger and fries and was very impressed with the other gluten free items available. Excellent service too. Will definitely be back!

We appreciate the time you took to write a lovely review and are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are excited to be able to offer safe and tasty menu options for our gluten free guests and look forward to having more options in the future. We look forward to seeing you again,

Happy travels!