“Top notch restaurant”
Review of Golden Grizzly Cookhouse - CLOSED

Golden Grizzly Cookhouse
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After 2 flights, a suitcase ordeal at the airport, a rental car company not having my reservation and 3 hours of driving to get there, I finally entered the Grizzly at about 9:15pm and WOW. From the moment I walked passed the We're Closed sign to the time I left I had an amazing service and experience. The staff was friendly and courteous, the food was well presented and tasted great, all and all it was fantastic experience and I would recommend tis place to anybody going to or passing through Golden.

anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. All the best on your travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stopping here for 4 years at least( not sure how long they have been open...) I've never had a bad meal- the staff and ownership care that the beer is the correct temperature ( I'm sure from a financial perspective it must be tempting to turn the temperature up on the coolers once in a while to save money) but it doesn't matter whether or not it's tourist season - it's always cold!!! Staff remembers you and always do the little things you would expect to make it as enjoyable as possible and make you feel like your a local .. Even when you reside 400 km away

Will always stop here .. Breaks up the 700 km just perfect !!

Thanks so much for the kind review, we appreciate you taking the time! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Travels!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My fiancé and I stopped in and were excited about the pizza. I had read previous reviews stating how good it is...... We waited a long time for our drinks, my finances beer was empty twice for over 10 minutes. The food finally came out burnt and rock hard. I asked for a new one. She said they wouldn't charge is and when the new pizza came, it was amazing! The dough was perfect, the sauce was nice and the toppings were great. I asked for a create your own with chicken, onion and green peppers. I would definitely recommend the pizza. My fiancé got the grizzly chicken parm. It was okay. Nothing special. We were there for over an hour waiting for everything but I did return my pizza. We might go back. I'm happy they paid for my pizza and the server was really nice about it.

anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We would like to apologize for not being able to deliver a great experience. We thank you for being patient to allow us to correct the matter. We listen to all comments and are actively working to improve the quality of service we provide. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are here with our kids aged 5-14 when driving through to Salmon Arm. Staff exceptionally helpful with suggestions for kids and portion sizes. All kids loved their meals (pasta and ribs). They have a kids menu which we did not try but good to know it's there. My salad fresh and tasty. My husband said steak juicy and delicious. We don't often come away from a restaurant and everyone is happy but we did here

2  Thank Alberta96
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and we appreciate that you took the time to write a review. We hope you have a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stopped here on our trip, and the food was great!! Best pizza I've ever eaten and when my son ordered something on the menu they had ran out of they comped his meal and gave us free dessert!! Oh, and the ceasars were mighty fine also!!

1  Thank Kristyknight79
anna h, Manager at Golden Grizzly Cookhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope you have a great trip and look forward to seeing you all on your way back. Happy travels!