Days Inn Golden
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$72
$62
Prestige Inn Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$112
Holiday Inn Express Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$73
Best Western Mountainview Inn(Golden)(Great Value!)
$89
$89
$80
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanhotel restaurantfree breakfastnice poolcheck in was easyfront desk staffkids loved the poollaundry facilitiesnice staytwo queen bedshot tubstayed here for one nightviews of the mountainsyogurtsaunacalgaryvalley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Days Inn Golden over Christmas. My last stay was two years ago. Since then the rooms have been updated with new flooring and renovated bathrooms. I found the motel was clean and the staff was great. They do supply a modest help yourself continental breakfast at no charge. The coffee was great but the area is a little crowded when they had a bus group in. As for the pool area we had our family over for a swim the water in the pool was a little cool but we got used to. The only challenge we had in the pool area where the rowdy unsupervised children running around, blocking the slide and throwing things in the pool and who left their cloths blocking the entrance one of which did not swim very well and should have been accompanied with an adult..

They could use a little work on the people they have running their restaurant as it does not open till 4 pm and is quite pricey for you get. I understand it is not run by the motel but they closed entirely for several days during the holidays leaving the hotel patrons having to go elsewhere.

The Days in Golden is clean well kept and a good value. The staff was always cheerful and helpful and the views from every room are amazing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We are a family of 4 with 2 dogs. We stayed in a pet friendly room which was decent but standard. The pool was freezing cold and poorly maintained. My hubby slipped in the bathtub as there are no grips. We couldn't park in front of our room because the sledders took over the parking lot and we couldn't swim for long because the sledders took over the pool area and brought beer in there. When we asked the staff to do something about them they basically said they couldn't. We even had to move rooms because we lost power in one because the sledders had plugged in so many things in the outlets. They've lost control of their establishment and it feels more like a frat house. NOT A PLACE TO BRING A FAMILY! Wouldn't stay again. Too bad cuz it has the making of being a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SMFerr
Andy S, Director of Sales at Days Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Like Daytona Beach for Spring Break; many small BC towns depend upon the sledders and skiers for their winter revenues; without them they would go broke. The most popular are Golden, Revelstoke, Sicamous, Valemount and Fernie. Three of these towns sit along the Trans Canada Highway all in a row. The National Park towns do not permit sledders but come at a higher price and sometimes just as noisy. The hotels with the large parking areas likewise attract the sledders permitting them to keep their equipment secure and close to their rooms. Guests likewise are not guaranteed a parking space in front of their guest room anywhere. With these groups we likewise get excessive alcohol consumption, the minute you leave the pool area after telling people there is no consumption of alcohol, it will re-appear.

I am curious about your pool comments about water temperature. We refurbished our pool in September likewise adding brand new electronic boilers. The boilers maintain the pool at 79 degrees and the hot tub at 104. Please don't be scared away and enjoy the hotel outside of the snowmobiling months.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Nice recently updated motel,with hot tub and pool and water slide for the kiddies. Decent price,just needs the Resturant open for breakfast.I would stay there again the day staff is friendly and willing to help with anything you need.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Chris J
Andy S, Director of Sales at Days Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Chris

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn Golden BC. I assume your stay was recent in that we have been in the process of introducing complimentary Day Break breakfast. The transition between a full service restaurant and the continental program took longer than planned in that our suppliers could not deliver the desired equipment on time. As of December 12th we now have a complimentary continental breakfast. The Canyons Edge Restaurant (separately leased) is open at 4PM daily.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

stayed overnight en route to Revelstoke and it was the absolute worst! Because I needed a pet friendly room (?) I was put in the back where no one else was. I am a grandmother traveling alone with my 10lb pug, not the guard dog type. The room obviously was not one that was on their reno list, old and stinky. worst of all, thermostat was not working and I froze ALL night long. Horrible! had to roll towels and shove pillows against the bottom of the door to help keep the extreme draft out. I asked how to enter the restaurant and was told to walk up the stairs just outside my room door. Stairs that had not been shoveled at all....dangerous! I'm walking/obvious limping with an extremely sprained ankle to begin with. was quite the obstacle to maneuver those stairs. I'd say the hotel was lucky I didn't slip because there would have been action taken. very little concern when I expressed how cold my room was, was told 'well it is cold out' Seriously?!!.... but that doesn't explain why my temp wasn't working! a discount would have been appreciated. I will not, nor will any person I know stay at this hotel ever again. such a huge disappointment considering I booked at the Days Inn because the one in Revelstoke is one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 19Grizzy

Dear 19Grizzly

Sorry to hear about your stay with us. Our pet friendly guest rooms are indeed located on the backside permitting our 4 legged guests the ease of travelling across the parking lot to the pet stroll where they can do their doggy business. Now I do not know if you attempted to receive heat from the A/C unit beneath the window or the thermostat for central air at the rear of the room. The central air system supports the entire block of rooms you are in along with our service areas and produces more than enough heat.

The Days Inn Golden is mid-way with our renovations having completed 42 guest rooms so far. Since May 2012 all of our guest rooms have new beds and bedding, flat screen tvs and Keurig coffee makers. Three of our pet friendly rooms have likewise had their kitchens modified.

Being early December our occupancy was likely very low and we endeavor to put guests with-out pets in the fully renovated guest rooms; yes it might have been a ghost town out back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Days Inn is an older hotel that has been renovated recently. It's best feature is a great little water slide that keeps the kids entertained for hours. The pool area is bright and clean with a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains. The temperature of the pool was a little cool, but kids can warm up in the hot-tub or sauna. The rooms are large and clean, but still show their age despite the renovations. Our first " non-smoking room" smelled like smoke, the front desk staff moved us to another room with ease and this rectified the problem. When booking this hotel, we were told that at certain times of the year they have a complimentary breakfast, and at other times they do not (late Autumn seems to be when breakfast is included). Ensure that you ask for a room at the back of the hotel, the views are great. The front of the hotel offers a parking lot view! Due to our traveling situation, we asked for a late check-out which the front desk staff graciously provided without issue. If you have kids with too much energy, this is a good stay at a great price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brent F
Andy S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Brent F,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

The pool was cleaned that morning, and most likely was not up to room temperature when you and your family went swimming. I sincerely apologize for that.

We did not have complimentary breakfast at any time of the season. However, as of November 15th, 2013 we will be providing complimentary breakfast to all our guests.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,