“Economy overnight.”
Review of Days Inn Golden

Days Inn Golden
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Nice recently updated motel,with hot tub and pool and water slide for the kiddies. Decent price,just needs the Resturant open for breakfast.I would stay there again the day staff is friendly and willing to help with anything you need.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Chris J
Andy S, Director of Sales at Days Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Chris

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn Golden BC. I assume your stay was recent in that we have been in the process of introducing complimentary Day Break breakfast. The transition between a full service restaurant and the continental program took longer than planned in that our suppliers could not deliver the desired equipment on time. As of December 12th we now have a complimentary continental breakfast. The Canyons Edge Restaurant (separately leased) is open at 4PM daily.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Golden

Reviewed December 8, 2013

stayed overnight en route to Revelstoke and it was the absolute worst! Because I needed a pet friendly room (?) I was put in the back where no one else was. I am a grandmother traveling alone with my 10lb pug, not the guard dog type. The room obviously was not one that was on their reno list, old and stinky. worst of all, thermostat was not working and I froze ALL night long. Horrible! had to roll towels and shove pillows against the bottom of the door to help keep the extreme draft out. I asked how to enter the restaurant and was told to walk up the stairs just outside my room door. Stairs that had not been shoveled at all....dangerous! I'm walking/obvious limping with an extremely sprained ankle to begin with. was quite the obstacle to maneuver those stairs. I'd say the hotel was lucky I didn't slip because there would have been action taken. very little concern when I expressed how cold my room was, was told 'well it is cold out' Seriously?!!.... but that doesn't explain why my temp wasn't working! a discount would have been appreciated. I will not, nor will any person I know stay at this hotel ever again. such a huge disappointment considering I booked at the Days Inn because the one in Revelstoke is one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 19Grizzy

Dear 19Grizzly

Sorry to hear about your stay with us. Our pet friendly guest rooms are indeed located on the backside permitting our 4 legged guests the ease of travelling across the parking lot to the pet stroll where they can do their doggy business. Now I do not know if you attempted to receive heat from the A/C unit beneath the window or the thermostat for central air at the rear of the room. The central air system supports the entire block of rooms you are in along with our service areas and produces more than enough heat.

The Days Inn Golden is mid-way with our renovations having completed 42 guest rooms so far. Since May 2012 all of our guest rooms have new beds and bedding, flat screen tvs and Keurig coffee makers. Three of our pet friendly rooms have likewise had their kitchens modified.

Being early December our occupancy was likely very low and we endeavor to put guests with-out pets in the fully renovated guest rooms; yes it might have been a ghost town out back.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Days Inn is an older hotel that has been renovated recently. It's best feature is a great little water slide that keeps the kids entertained for hours. The pool area is bright and clean with a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains. The temperature of the pool was a little cool, but kids can warm up in the hot-tub or sauna. The rooms are large and clean, but still show their age despite the renovations. Our first " non-smoking room" smelled like smoke, the front desk staff moved us to another room with ease and this rectified the problem. When booking this hotel, we were told that at certain times of the year they have a complimentary breakfast, and at other times they do not (late Autumn seems to be when breakfast is included). Ensure that you ask for a room at the back of the hotel, the views are great. The front of the hotel offers a parking lot view! Due to our traveling situation, we asked for a late check-out which the front desk staff graciously provided without issue. If you have kids with too much energy, this is a good stay at a great price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brent F
Andy S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Brent F,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

The pool was cleaned that morning, and most likely was not up to room temperature when you and your family went swimming. I sincerely apologize for that.

We did not have complimentary breakfast at any time of the season. However, as of November 15th, 2013 we will be providing complimentary breakfast to all our guests.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed overnight on our trip to Kelowna, no complaints about this hotel, rooms are large, bathroom neat and clean, beds comfortable.
Front desk staff both times, check in & check out very good. Yes no breakfast included in room price but good value for money.
Motel type set-up, again that's good when travelling by car, park in front of the room.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank O_ZAirdrie

Dear O_ZAirdrie,

We are most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer value to all of our customers and great service as well.
I am pleased to inform you that as of November 15th, 2013 we will be providing Complimentary breakfast to all our hotel guests.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We're traveling with pets and usually stay at Holiday Inn expresses. Golden didn't have one so we stayed here. Rooms were old and outdated, not very spacious and I barely felt comfortable. Won't stay here again unless we absolutely have too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jebrina

Dear Jebrina

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Days Inn. I do apologize that you found your room to be outdated, I can assure you we are continually working on upgrading our guest rooms. Guests are welcome to speak with us during the course of their stay, so issues raised may be rectified and hopefully change their experience

Kareen.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

More of a motel than a hotel. Easy to find off main route.
Room OK, but why use dining table chairs as easy chairs - not comfortable.
Bed OK, but pillows too big. Bathroom spacious.
Breakfast not included but there is a restaurant on site which is quite expensive for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wildpoppy

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Days Inn. I can assure you we are continually working on upgrading our guest rooms. Guests are welcome to speak with us during the course of their stay, so issues raised may be rectified and hopefully change their experience.
We did not provide complimentary breakfast. however, as of November 15th, 2013 we will be serving the complimentary breakfast.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a very relaxing stay at this Inn. My reserved room had been selected by the staff on the second level. Due to knee problems I requested a first floor room and was very politely and graciously accommodated. The room was large and well equipped - hair dryer, Keurig coffee maker, shampoos and lotion. The mattresses were comfortable. I was disappointed that there was no microwave as this had been advertised in my reservation. Noise from the highway was minimal. Check in by a very polite gentleman. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Maptrotter62,

Thank you for the kind words on your stay at our Days Inn. It's always our pleasure to have you stay with us. Just for future reference, not ALL of our rooms have microwaves in them.
We hope to see again soon!