“Moutain-Town Breakfast joint with Gluten free options!”
Review of The Big Bend Cafe

The Big Bend Cafe
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Big Bend is what you would want out of a mountain-town breakfast joint.
Mountain sized portions, hearty choices and a boatload of hot sauces to wake you up and get you going.

Gluten free options, you can substitute bread with corn tortilla. You can get poached eggs (cooked to your liking) from one of those poaching molds that your mom (or at least MY mom) used to make. Served with a good sized side of "pan fries" and self-serve coffee station.

Charming joint with a view on the Moutains!!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to the Big Bend Cafe for breakfast. It was our second try this week as on the first try we arrived at the same time as a tour bus. We had to go elsewhere so I have something to compare it to in Golden.
The service was wonderful and the food arrived hot and plentiful. We had been here previously, years before, and received the same great service and food. The prices are comparable to other Golden restaurants actually less for coffee and juice than their competitor down the road and the food was far superior. Over all a nice experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place was recommended to me when I moved to Golden for the winter season, and I go there about 3 times a week. I don't really care for the environment, but the Chorizo bowl is the best breakfast I've ever had. I love breakfast food and have breakfast food often at different places, but the Chorizo bowl is just amazing. I don't find that the steel bowl makes the food cold. The staff are friendly, always have a smile, and get to know your usual order when your a regular. The food always comes out very quick. The pan fries here are the perfectly done. I currently work up on the mountain and recommend this place to anyone who asks me for a breakfast spot. Its well worth the 20min drive down the mountain.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We come a few times a week for breakfast. Always quick and friendly service and delicious food. Nice ambience with local area photos and a few historical pieces to keep you interested on days you can't see the great views of the mountains out the windows. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went there as it was recommended by a friend. Decor is interesting and unusual. Breakfast was good. Plenty of choices. Sausages were nice and the potato hash. Five of us had eggs with our breakfast and all of us said they were stone cold when we got them. could be the metal plates they serve them on. You have to serve yourself with coffee which is fine but it was warm not hot. The main problem was the service. It was not good. The guy looked miserable and irritated he had to ask us how we wanted our eggs. Not very welcoming. Not sure we'd go back based on this but overall the food was good.