$186
Winston Lodge & Spa(Golden)(Great Value!)
$166
$156
$204
$226
Heather Mountain Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
$171
Rondo Motel(Golden)
$106
Hotels.com
$229
$202
$159
Copper Horse Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
$156
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe kicking horse riverlocal swimming poolnice walkingrocky mountaineerclean washroomsstayed here for two nightsliquor storelocation is greatgolden bcrvcampingfacilitiesearplugsgroceriesproximitygarbagehighway
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I stayed here as part of a guided group camping tour. The location is great as it's close to town (a few minutes walk and you are in the main street), it's beside the river and offers a good mix of shade and sun, there's a small shop with the essentials and wifi in the area around the offices. Unfortunately the washrooms closer to the tents areas are rather poor, as the small building has no doors and is open to the elements (and whoever else is around), very basic in terms of build quality and not very clean. I guess not many people use them during the winter. The washrooms near the entrance of the campsite are better and have secure access, although they are further away for most campers. This campsite is probably best suited for those who don't need many facilities.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
JoyMichelle67, Manager at Golden Municipal Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Hi Marco,

Thank you for the review. The washrooms in the back of the campground are for summer use only. We do agree they are more Rustic then the ones near our office, we have been working to do some upgrades to them. We have just installed new walls in the Showers and will dealing with the floors in the future. Sorry you did not find them clean to your standard we have a very strict cleaning schedule we adhere to with the use of environmentally friendly disinfectants. We also spot check them several times a day. We hope you enjoyed your tour.
Joy Guyot
Campground Operator

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We used this campground in our way from Vernon to Cranbrook. The park is very clean. The train track is across the river. You can definitely see and here the train. They were pretty constant but essentially became white noise. In this area, including Revelstoke everything is on a train track. Through the night there was probably one or two but they weren’t loud enough to wake us up (we have a 10 month old - we were already up). An amazing walking/riding tail goes right through the park and it is about a 10 min walk to down town. The park, pool, liquor store and restaurant are only a 5 min walk. We will definitely return!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2017

The office is run by lying crooks. Do not stay here. Rolled up last Sat. just as the office was closing and asked for a basic tent site for the night. Was directed to pick from any of the RV style sites available, so we set up on the rock hard gravel of one of them. When we went to pay for it the next morning, I noticed on their info board that they have 5 tent pads in the back for $20 instead of the $35 we would get charged. There was nobody using them and when I asked why we were not offered one of those she said, “For business reasons we are not allowed to tell anyone about those sites”. Who knows what other scams they are running. So it is my business to tell you not to stay there.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane B
JoyMichelle67, Owner at Golden Municipal Campground, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

The site you are referring to is a shared site for cyclists and backpackers it is not a site for vehicles or single use. Which is why you were put in a site and charged that is appropriate for single use campers with a vehicle. As for the line “For business reasons we are not allowed to tell anyone about those sites”. that is a false statement that the staff person on duty did not and never would have any reason to say. As for RV sites half of the campground are no serviced sites, since you were given free choice of a site with only 7 of the un-serviced appropriate sites used that night it is unfortunate that you picked a site with "hard rock gravel" out of the 28 options available to you.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I've been staying at this campsite on and off since I was 5 years old (now 33). Nothing much has changed and it really doesn't need to.

The trains are loud, be prepared. Ear plugs will help. It's far from a deal breaker for me.

The showers in the main site could use some updating. And to be honest I've always hated the need to hold the tap on while in use, it makes it hard to properly wash your hands. Again, not a deal breaker, as the site itself is perfect for my needs.

I requested to be near the bathrooms and they fulfilled that, which was much appreciated. The staff was helpful and friendly at the office. Site was clean and well kept. Garbage and recycling were removed multiple times a day.

I will be back for sure.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I was travelling solo when I arrived at the golden municipal campground around 930 this past Monday. The staff were amazing and I felt totally safe camping on my own. The bathrooms were neat, Tidy, and lots of room to put your stuff. Super friendly staff and I will be coming back.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo