“Best on mountain lunch”

Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Eagle's Eye Restaurant - Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Eagle’s Eye Restaurant is located at 7700 feet; the Summit of Kicking Horse Mountain. Hand carved tabletops; local timbers and stonework provide an elegant setting. Floor to ceiling windows frame panoramic views of the Rocky, Purcell and Selkirk Mountain ranges. The Rocky Mountain cuisine is complimented by an outstanding selection of Canadian wine and artisan beer. Join us for lunch daily, dinner (Friday and Saturday)or at one of our Summer Dinner Concert Series evenings. Reservations are accepted at lunch for groups larger than 6 and are recommended for dinner.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is by far the best restaurant on a ski hill I have ever been to!! I had the soup and sandwich special with a side of truffle fries to share with my friends! I also had a ceaser, which makes the afternoon of skiing fly by!! Great restaurant and can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is one of the best aspects of KH- getting off the slopes and into a fine dining restaurant at 7700 feet above sea level.

With heavy timbers, high ceilings and views to the Rockies and right across to the Bugaboos, one could not ask for a more spectacular location.

The menu is excellent, and not outrageously expensive. Our party of four ate everything from a seafood 'super bowl', to a steak, a chicken sandwich, and a bison hash. All good except the chicken sandwich featuring not the promised baguette, but small conventional sliced bread.

The only real downer- the person seating us and bringing menus (she literally tossed the dessert menu), was disinterested and unhelpful. When I asked someone who the floor manager might be, in order to alert them to a sub standard worker, I was directed to- her!

One of our party misplaced a glove. As might be imagined, at minus 12 degrees, a glove comes in handy. Same floor manager said nothing had been found, and trotted off with no suggestions other than to check lost and found at bottom of mountain. Turns out, the glove had fallen on the floor, and someone took it to the bar, where it was safely put behind the counter. Zero communication...

Despite these shortcomings, I do not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We are very pleased by the food and the service provided in this RCR Restaurant. We hope that it will keep its smiling and happy atmosphere and the quality of food. We were really surprised by the service and the courtesy of the staff.

The view is a real treat, we started with fog and ended up with some sunshine, what a nice surprise.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Love the location, the beauty of the building, and the great lunch specials daily. I've never enjoyed so many different soups and homemade sandwiches at a ski hill before. The staff are great and quite diverse from around the world.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have visited Eagles Eye Restaurant on each of my four visits to KHMR since a 2001. Each time we have had a great meal and memorable night. I will be back.