“Wonderful Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
Il Nido Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 Golden B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recently spent 12 days on a ski road trip to Canada including two wonderful nights stay in their 2 bedroom suite during March for skiing at Kicking Horse. Mauricio and Susan were perfect hosts and guides, if we had been able to give notice Mauricio would have even been able to show us his mountain (we will do this next season when we make a return visit). Their meals (wonderful breakfasts and gourmet dinner) and wine chat were excellent, restaurant recommendations great, and the suite appointments perfect. We recommend and will return.

Room Tip: I would choose the suite if its available...even if u only need one bedroom
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Owned by a lovely Canadian 'master chef' and the nicest Italian ski instructor, this place really made a difference. Beautiful, charming cottage in the middle of the forest, with hot tub, sauna, fireplace and exceptional breakfast (you MUST have breakfast there, forget about grocery shopping...). Susan and Mauricio truly shared their home with us, we felt so incredibly welcome! Nothing is a problem in Il Nido, everything is possible, you just have to ask for it, and then enjoy it and relax. I would recommend this place any time to anyone. Just be quick, it gets fully booked pretty easily ;-).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Viktoria K K
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very beautiful organic mountain experience. My stay at Il Nido Country Inn was both relaxing and stimulating. You can't beat the cozy warm feeling of staying in a beautifully crafted log structure with the glimmering glow of a wood burning fire while enjoying the scents of Susan's outstanding culinary creations. Mauricio and Susan have created a customer service product that is exceptionally rare, and it's delivered with warmth and professionalism. The meals are outstanding and easily on par with a high end heli-ski operation. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

Thanks again Mauricio and Susan,
Greg McAuley

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Susan and Mauricio opened up their home to us and made us feel so very relaxed, we had
a wonderful time! The apartment was great, the grounds beautiful and the hot-tub fabulous!
We opted for the gourmet dinner and Susan truly surpassed our expectations. We would
definately recommend this B and B to anyone wanting a peaceful, relaxing visit to one of
the prettiest places in BC! Thanks again Susan and Mauricio.....we will be back!

Maj. (Ret) Bill and Debbie Becker

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Perfect hospitality.
Perfect lodge and hot tub.
Perfect food.
Perfect Canadian experience.

Management went beyond expectations in making us feel special, well cared for.

Mauricio is good at rescuing visitors from the South, who are not equiped to drive in the snow.

Mauricio is good to explore the woods with a GPS.

Suzan is very elegant and graceful. Her gourmet meals are exceptional.

A pleasant blend of European and American music set the mood during meals.

We recommend Il Nido to anyone who wants a Canadian experience.

J-P & Lynn Priollaud, from Salem, Oregon.

Room Tip: Il Nido does not have a swimming pool, but a wonderful hot tub. The whole family will enjoy it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I piled my family into the truck on the Tuesday night before the American Thanksgiving holiday and we headed out for Golden, roughly six hundred miles to the NE of Seattle. It was a long drive, to be sure, especially with my 80-year old father and 6-year old daughter in the cab, but I knew where I was going and why. Wednesday morning, we pulled into Golden under a gray sky and, as we stretched our legs in town, my wife told me emphatically "We are NEVER doing this again." I confess that my confidence wavered as I pleaded with her to wait just a little longer because we were almost there... and I knew where I was going and why.
As we crawled under the duvet our first night at Il Nido, my wife hugged me and whispered "Now I know why you brought me here."
We were lucky enough to get to see the extremes of sunshine and snowfall on this trip but the fall colors were amazing in September, as well. Standing in an alpine meadow, gazing in all directions at endless mountains under cobalt blue skies, could only be matched by the intimacy of padding through the hushed solemnity of the snow-covered forest. The moon and stars peeked over ridges or through the trees or clouds, as well, turning the nightscape into a sparkling sea of diamonds.
The wonder and splendor of the Canadian Rockies didn't end at the door, either. The lodge is immaculate and hospitable in every way. From the in-floor heating to the jacuzzi under a log gazebo, from the old world stucco fireplace to the nap-inducing comfort in the private and public rooms, absolutely everything contributed to our relaxation. By our second day, we were all hoping for the blizzard of the century so we could just stay until Spring. We even took advantage of the wireless network access and free long distance to taunt our relatives who... I mean... to wish our relatives a happy holiday.
I chuckled a bit when I saw the rating entry below for "Fitness Center." We hiked and played in the snow for three days. My daughter must have thrown a thousand snowballs and my dad and I helped Maurizio build a warming hut by the bonfire circle out of intoxicatingly fragrant pine boughs. We found hiking trails both adventurous enough for my dad and tame enough for my step-mother's trick knee. We slept the way you can only sleep when you've laughed and played in fresh air all day. "Fitness center"? Hah!
Despite all the exercise, nobody lost a pound, though. Any thoughts of checking out local restaurants or cooking in our room vanished the moment the first course came out of the kitchen on our first night. The cuisine at Il Nido isn't just something offered because it's expected; whether it's breakfast or dinner, meals are an art form starting in the garden and ending on your plate. Even in November, we enjoyed herbs & homemade jam of all kinds grown right there, eggs from the coop, fresh baked bread and imaginitive pairings of traditional hearty entrees with international flavours.
We were sad to leave but my daughter says she wants to go back and see Susan and Maurizio for her birthday in June. So, we talked about it... all the way back to Seattle.

Room Tip: The Jay suite was ideal for our two family couples and a child.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Il Nido for one night travelling through Golden. We were given the recommendation from a server at the bistro we were dining in. We checked out the reviews on tripadvisor and decided to call. Upon our arrival we both fell in love with the beautiful log home and B & B. At the front door they post daily happenings around the B & B. It stated they had a black bear eating at their apple tree earlier in the week. Apparently grizzlies have been in the yard also. Plenty of wildlife to see!
They have a hottub for guests which we took advantage of. I think it would be wonderful to enjoy on the winter surrounded by falling snow.
Breakfast was a frittata, bacon, potatoes, toast, homemade jam with a fruit cup to start. It was all delicious and above average for most B & B's.
The hosts are a wealth of information on things to do and see in the area.
The only downside to this wonderful place is that you can hear the guests next door talking through the walls. Not really a complaint for us but I think fair to mention for a complete review.
I would not hesitate to stay at this lovely getaway again.

• Stayed: September 2012