Prestige Inn Golden
Rondo Motel(Golden)
$70
$62
$207
Best Western Mountainview Inn(Golden)(Great Value!)
$156
$128
Agoda.com
$61
$124
$131
$89
All reviewsliquor storericky's restaurantfront desk staffstayed one nightwould stay here againroom was cleanthe trans canada highwayski weekendpool and hot tubflat screen tvgood sizerooms are largethe main highwaya great stayabcelevatorkitchenette
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, dog friendly, nice rooms, excellent front desk service. Close to a number of restaurants great views from the room. The hotel also had a number of great facilities,pool, restaurant,liquor store. Will stay there on our next trip.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne H
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your compliments! Our team in Golden will be pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and appreciated our newly updated guest rooms. We are fortunate to be located in a beautiful mountain city, and I personally love the way the mountains rise up around the city of Golden. I am glad to hear that you will be returning for another visit, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel was undergoing some renovations while I stayed there, and it looks fantastic. All new tiles in the bathroom, a new tub and a comfortable bed. However, the cleaning staff appear to wear blinders, as one morning I was getting into the shower and there was hair all over the shower wall. When I turned on the tap, hair came out of the drain. Now I can see the cleaning staff not finding the hair that was likely caught in the drain, but there was so much hair on the wall that I could have made a wig. So I photographed the hair and took it to the girl at the reception desk, thinking I might get some type of discount...but her response was "Gross", and she proceeded with the check out. I wrote to the hotel providing details of my find, as well as the photographs I took, asking that they deal with this at their level...but I heard nothing. So this just goes out to make sure if you are booking this hotel, you do a thorough check to find what the cleaners have missed. I did stay in another Prestige hotel a few days later and noticed a face cloth on top of the shower rod...seems as if they don't spend too much time actually cleaning the bathrooms????

Room Tip: Choose a room that is away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dplimmer
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I apologize that you did not experience the normally high Prestige standards. We truly appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention during your stay and apologize that in the end you were still unsatisfied. We value your feedback and will sending you a personal message so we can further address your concerns and hopefully welcome you back.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Located seemingly inches away from the Trans Canada, neighbouring a multitude of other similar one-night-stop type establishments and their predictable chain restaurants, the Prestige Inn is probably the best of the lot.

It is a 'small box' vernacular- simply a stack of rooms with a central hallway, and no pretense of style.

We got a fourth floor room (actually third floor, as there is no second) which had been completely redone- new flatscreen, comfy beds, all new bathroom with pretty fancy fixtures and tiling, fluffy robes.

It was even facing away from the highway, so we got only intermittent railway noise instead of constant trucking noise.

The front desk staff were very helpful, friendly and attentive- relaying restaurant info. directions to the ski hill, etc.

The inhouse restaurant- an ABC, was dreadful (that's another story), but the pool and hot tub were clean and not overchlorinated.

The price? About $120 a night weekend rate in the middle of ski season.

While I gave this a 'very good' rating, it falls on the short side of that, but well above average.

Room Tip: Choose a west facing room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
PrestigeHotels, Public Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I am glad that you had a restful sleep, and our team was able to assist you in providing area information. We appreciate your feedback about the hotel, and I am pleased to advise that we are currently updating the hotel. I hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again when the renovations are complete so you can enjoy our fresh new look!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had quit staying at this hotel due to it being very noisy. I thought I would give it another try as it had been about a year and this time my experience was just as bad. Upon booking my room I was not told the hotel was undergoing renovations. W hen I got there I got put on the 4th floor and I thought great I am away from the noise of tour people. Turns out there was renovations going on which I was not told about even on check in, so most people must have been on the top floor. Well I get up at 04:30 in the morning and even after 11:00 pm there were kids running up and down the hallway and banging on doors to get back in their room. When I checked out I was asked how my stay was and so I mentioned the noisey kids and the clerk mentioned they were aware of the issue with a family when she came on shift last night. She said I should have called the front desk and complained, but, if they knew about it what would the complaint have done as it must have already happened. Also I was so tired after 11:00 after being up since 4:30 and having to get up again I may have taken my frustration out on the front desk clerk and that is not cool. So in a nutshell I work and travel with the Federal Government and I am obligated to put my experience on our accomodation website. I will not be recommending this hotel to any of my co-workers nor will I return. Too bad but I did give it another try and same disappointment

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bud S
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We greatly value all customers and appreciate that you took the time to share your comments. I apologize that you did not have a restful sleep due to our other guests. Please be assured that we will be reviewing placement of our guests, especially during renovations and when there are large groups staying in the hotel. I will be sending you a personal message so we can further address your concerns, and hopefully welcome you back.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Staff were friendly and service good.

One elevator for entire building was light

Big problem was paper thin walls and doors. I could hear a guest coughing in his room two doors away.

Poor value would not stay again

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Toutman
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Inn Golden, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

My apologies that your stay was disturbed by another guest. We do our best to ensure every guest has a comfortable and restful stay. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to address any problems our guests may have during their stay. I hope that you will stay with us again so that you have a chance to experience our caring and attentive staff.