“average place”
Review of Swiss Village Inn

Swiss Village Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I do not know why people pay little for a hotel and then review it as though they expected a Hilton. This hotel is perfectly adequate to stay in for a couple of nights. It is clean and well kept. There are not many extras but then I didn't pay $200 a night to stay here. I am in transit need a place to sleep and the Swiss Village is exactly that. There is a sauna and whirlpool but I did not partake so I cannot comment.
The owner, front desk lady is extremely nice and did point me to a restaurant that again is not 5 star but the staff are very friendly and the food good.
As mentioned by one reviewer there is no coffee in the room but it is available in the lobby.
Others mention that door access is with real keys, I don't have a problem with that but if you require a card key to make your stay worthwhile I guess this hotel is not for you.
I would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank MurTheExplorer

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We walked in looking for a place to stay after cancelling our previous hotel which was awful- including taxes, we were charged $79 for a double room- we were so pleased with the rooms and service! The owner was lovely and very helpful, the rooms were spotless, very clean, large and with new beds that were very comfortable. The hot tub was very clean and the sauna/hot tub room was very pleasant. A great stay for the . price we paid!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kathryn_napier
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Welcoming reception at front desk on arrival. Our room had 2 beds with new mattresses which resulted in a good sleep. Clean, very well situated a block off the main highway with restaurants close by. Interesting was that although the price was fair, other motels on our trip offered an in-room coffee maker along with a fridge. Our room contained only a fridge. Also, no bedside clock radio. WiFi worked fine. Good for a quick stopover on the way to your destination; however, I think a few extra amenities would be good for their business.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This motel room was clean, staff are friendly, and the room was quiet, even though it was close to the Transcanada highway. The two queen beds were very comfortable. There was a small fridge, two chairs and a table - but no coffee maker, no free breakfast, and only an instant coffee maker in the front lobby. Yes, as pointed out by a night staff lady, there was a Tim Hortons a five minute walk away. For $89 per night my companion and I agreed coffee should be provided in the room. I would not stay here again as a result. Their competitors provide this.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wonndatt
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed there for one night with my mom. Payed $88 + taxes for non smoking, no pet room with 2 queen beds. Front desk lady was nice. Used the hot tub and sauna which were private, a bit dated but adequate. Bathroom looked and felt very clean which I was surprised about - tile floor was nice and shiny. The bed and rest of the room appeared clean and I slept well. Never used the A/C as it was late September. No elevator that I could find - not a problem for me and my mom but would be for disabled persons.
Overall, this Inn served our needs - a clean place to sleep for a good price, close to highway 1 and that had a hot tub to warm me up before bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here only because it was the last hotel available when I was driving home from Vancity on the long weekend. No vacancy at the other hotels so we were forced to stay here.

I paid $130 for one room for 1 night. It felt like I stepped in a time machine into the 70's. The room felt and smelled so old and nasty My girlfriend slept in our sleeping bag. They use regular keys for the doors to the rooms. Walmart brand TV's have 20 channels and 2 that didn't work. WIFI was crap. The old chinese lady at the front desk was nice. I wouldn't come back though.

Room Tip: Go to the Ramada
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The lady who obviously owned the place was friendly and never charged my charge account until we actually arrived.

It was pretty run down but it served the purpose. We were just there to sleep and shower and continue our trip.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you want convenience. You can drive right up to your door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends