“A review that will hopefully help you decide”

and 1 more site!
Dreamcatcher Hostel
Ranked #5 of 42 Specialty Lodging in Golden
“A review that will hopefully help you decide”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I want to put a 1 on my review, just to have the people that are reading the one bad review this hostel has to have a look at it because this hostel does not deserve a single bad review. But I cannot in all good consciousness do that to the owners.

When I first arrived at the Dreamcatcher, I was adament it was way too close to the railway lines. And there was no way I could do more than one night. Five nights later I admit that atmosphere, people I have met and a comfortable bed wins over train noise every time. The hosts are gracious and very generous with their knowledge. And yes I am a very light sleeper.

Yes the hostel has a fantastic communal vibe feeling to it. No if you want to be isolated and non-communincative this is not the hostel for you.

May more people like the owners of this hostel take on the huge responsibility of running a hostel.

Yes I am a female travelling solo and yes I really enjoy feeling safe!

I recommend this hostel hands down.

Onwards and upwards!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank shellymutugrigg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We only stayed one night, and I had never stayed in a hostel before, to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect.
This place was very clean, and spacious. We had a room with 2 sets of bunk beds, with beautiful sheets and duvets, and our own private bath. The downstairs had anything a guest could want, a big stone fireplace, guitar, piano, sheet music, computer, board games, books and more. I loved the two labs who greet you at the front door, and the cafe around the corner that gives you a discount if you're staying at the Hostel. I would certainly reccomend this place, and stay there again.
Thanks so much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Dreamcatcher Hostel for 2 nights and i really liked it. The place was very clean and the atmosphere was very warm and friendly. The hostel owners 'both husband and wife' & all the staff were very friendly and welcoming. They were very helpful and caring!

The kitchen is very spacious and is to die for, they have every equipment you need - to cook a good meal.

I highly recommend this hostel to other budget travelers like myself, the place is super clean, friendly and affordable :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wished we were staying here longer! I have never been in such a great hostel - it was extremely clean and the hallways/rooms smelt quite nice. 3 of us stayed in a private room - the beds and quilt covers were so comfy - I had the best night sleep! We had an ensuite which was convenient. Down stairs there was a common room which was fabulous! A range of board games, cards, books, a free juke box and very large, comfy couches! The kitchen was large but we didn't use it. There is a fireplace which would be great for the winter. Could not fault anything with this hostel - everyone there were so friendly!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night, as a stopover on a return trip from the Rockies, though we really wished we were staying longer! The hostel is in a good location, with shops and restaurants in walking distance. The hostel itself was incredibly comfortable, and it was easy to make yourself at home. Gerald and Abi are lovely hosts, who gave us some great local tips and seem genuinely interested in helping travellers. Highly recommend this hostel, we would love to return.

• Stayed July 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the most beautiful hostel we have ever stayed in. We came to Golden for a biking adventure and got that and a whole lot more during our stay at Dreamcatcher Hostel. We highly recommend this accommodation.

They have plenty of secure indoor storage for bikes, snowboards, kayaks and other adventure gear. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, while the common area and kitchen are beautiful with open concept space and a central stone fireplace. It is an inviting place to be and the owners are very knowledgeable and pleasant.

Dreamcatcher Hostel is well suited for those seeking a clean, safe, and respectable place to stay. Adventure Enthusiasts and vacationing families alike will feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at the Dreamcatcher for 3 weeks for snowboarding January to February 2013. Apart from the excellent ski / snowboarding at Kicking Horse, the atmosphere, cleanliness and friendliness is second to none. This was the second time I stayed. The place is spotless, it was quite busy but not too busy and everyone is relaxed. The bedding and beds are beautiful - hand made locally sourced pine! and the comfiest duvets you'll find. Superb!!! Can't wait to visit again next year

Room Tip: All rooms are good - we had a private family room, excellent and really clean.