“one of a kind”

Ranked #6 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Golden
Halmstad, Sweden
“one of a kind”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've done quite a lot of traveling during my years, but I must say that the Dreamcatcher Hostel has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The owners (Abi and Gerald) and the staff, are very friendly and helped us out alot when ever we asked for it. The hostel itself is also very pleasant, it has an open fire place, a jukebox, a big kitchen that you're free to use, lots of sofas in the common room, and last but not least, two lovely hostel dogs that were the first ones to welcome you after a long day on the mountain. Overall it's a very calm and friendly hostel that suits all kinds of travelers. If I ever go back to Golden, Dreamcatcher is definitly the place I'm gonna stay at!

/The swedes

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hostel generally has a very friendly atmosphere not to mention Abi & Gerald who are great hosts and couldn't be more welcoming/helpful throughout our stay.
Huge kitchen and general chill out area, great for cooking up big meals after a full day snowboarding on the mountain before promptly crashing shortly after a full belly!
If i'm ever back in Golden which I hope I am, I'd definitely plan to stay at the Dreamcatcher again and if your thinking about staying in Golden then I thoroughly recommend you stay there too!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

It doesn't surprise me to see this hostel has a five star rating on tripadvisor. It is well deserved. The place is fantastic, the owners care a lot about their hostel. They have done the basics superbly like good beds and bedding, big bathrooms and a well equipped, clean kitchen. Easily the best hostel I have stayed in in north america out of about 20-30. Up there with the best in Europe. I only regret not being able to stay longer.

• Stayed February 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We loved staying here, the staff were very friendly and helpful and always on hand if you needed them. the rooms are comfortable and clean. The kitchen and shared lounge is very well set up, everything you need in the kitchen down to the recipe books, tonnes of board games, books, comfy couches etc. It was really had to leave the hostel to go skiing actually!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had an excellent time at this hostel. So cozy and friendly...felt like home. The dogs were an added bonus and only a 10 min drive from the slopes. Every morning I could look up at the mountains while I ate my breakfast. Such a great place!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My friends as well as me were positively surprised that Dreamcatcher is as nice in real as it looks on the webpage. Additionally the staff was professional and very helpful when planning the trips. Clean kitchen and facilities were pleasure to use. Quite surprisingly to me it never happened to us during the 5 nights stay that we would be disrupted by noisy people at night, which we appreciated a lot.

To give some ideas for improvement, more storage room and online booking system would be great.

I don't hesitate at all to recommend this place to anyone. Perfect place for budget travellers. Thanks again for our mixed US-CZE team.

Radim

• Stayed January 2013
Golden, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My friend told me about this place and that staff is super nice there, so I went to this hostel just to stay a couple of nights before I got keys to my house but I just didn't want to leave and ended up staying 12 nights I think. The owners there is super kind and helpful, they helped me find furniture and gave me advise where to look for, they even let me borrow their truck to go pick up stuff for my house. About the hostel, its quiet and have a special home feeling and its really cosy in there.
Abi and Gerald is by far the most genuin, kind and happiest couple I've ever met and they are the hostel. Highly recommend to stay at Dreamcatcher if you go to Golden, even if you already have somewhere else to stay :P

Room Tip: All rooms are good