“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Golden
Helena, Montana
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed in Golden on our way to Jasper & Banff. Hotel is very nice and clean. The gal at the desk the afternoon we checked in was very helpful. When asked about a restaurant in town she even gave us a 10% discount card. Rooms are clean, bed was very comfy. I would definately stay here again. Only complaint would be that the jets in the hot tub could of been better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike D, Manager at Ramada Limited Golden, responded to this review, September 9, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stony Plain, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My rating might have been higher except that the hotel simply didn't match that rather high cost. I realize that it is summer and in the mountains but I would still rate it as overpriced. With a little tweaking I believe that this location could really shine. The room with king sized bed seemed bare and institutional. The breakfast area seemed disorganized and not well kept. We have friends who keep a b&b and so I understand that need for signage but I wonder if it could be done in a more attractive manner. It is well located right on the TransCanada and there are various chain restaurants located nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike D, Manager at Ramada Limited Golden, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have stayed in Golden several times over the past year or so and this has been our best experience so far. I am coming to realize that my expectations cannot be set too high for Golden, particularly along Highway 1. I didn't feel I received the best value, but everything in Golden (i.e., food, fuel, hotels) seems to be significantly more than neighbouring communities. I think they are taking full advantage of their somewhat remote location.

The property is modern though well used. The bathroom, furniture, and room appliances (i.e., microwave oven) all showed signs of wear but were clean and functional and in good working order.

The room was surprisingly quiet (remember, this is on the Trans-Canada highway) and we had a restful sleep.

The pool and hot tub were clean and comfortable - I have had my share of out-of-service pools!

The (included) breakfast room was well stocked with continental offerings and met our needs for up-and-on-the-road dining.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and (though I'm still on the hunt for something better) will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike D, Manager at Ramada Limited Golden, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
thankyou for the review
Regina, Saskatchewan
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here after a long drive from Vancouver. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. We had a 2 bedroom suite, but the room layout made it feel quite small. The fridge and microwave were handy. It has a pool and hot tub, but we were too tired to use it.

It can get a little noisy if there is a "heavy walker" above you, as we heard footsteps pounding overhead in the middle of the night.

Front-desk staff is friendly and very helpful. They have a surprisingly large breakfast area, but the breakfast itself is very plain (waffle iron, yogurt, cereal, bagels, etc.).

The only real concern I have is that we paid quite a bit more for this hotel than we did for other hotels along the way on our 2-week trip, yet we received less in the terms of room comfort and breakfast quality. For almost $200, the least they could have done is provide a better breakfast. However, I guess that's what the market is in the mountains in summer.

Other than the price point, the hotel was ok and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Consider a top-floor room. On the lower floor, we heard the footsteps of the guests above us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
thank you for the review and we apppreciate your thoughts
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were looking for a convenient overnight stop after driving from Jasper along the Icefields Parkway as well as a starting point for visiting Glacier National park and Revelstoke National park the next day.
We were pleasantly suprised with the quality and price of this hotel. Reception was friendly and helpfull and I liked the convenient express checkout in the morning. The room was a good size and very clean and comfortable. The free WIFI worked well in our room and the the hotel was conveniently located just off the highway which was what we wanted and there were various types of eateries on the highway not too far from the hotel.
The breakfast was included in the price and was more than sufficient in quality and quantity. The only negative for us was that the breakfast room was far too small for the number of people and we had a small wait before we could get a seat. I also felt it was strange that the dishwasher was located in the same area rather than in a different room as I had the feeling I was getting in the way of the staff doing the clean up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Needed an overnight stop next to the highway and this place does exactly that. There are a few mid level hotels in Golden that are pretty much only there because of the highway. That said, it is the second time I've used the Ramada and it is perfectly adequate. The rooms are clean, it's reasonably priced, and the staff are friendly and efficient. It has a small gym and pool. There is a nice steak and burger joint across the street serving giant portions and nice cocktails.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike D, Manager at Ramada Limited Golden, responded to this review, August 11, 2013