“Fine for a night”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Golden
Toronto, Canada
“Fine for a night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

Decided to book this motel after reading the reviews. I was moving and had my cat with me so the fact it's pet friendly was great although charging a pet fee is a bit much considering the condition of the pet friendly room I was given. I did not want to walk barefoot on the carpet but on the plus side it did have a very nice renovated bathroom. The rate I got was $94 and considering that all accommodations in Golden are overpriced it wasn't a bad rate. The "continental breakfast" offered is rather ridiculous. It consisted of a coffee urn and a toaster in the lobby. They ask that you bring your breakfast to your room due to the small size of the lobby, however once you're back in your room, toast and coffee is cold. Overall not a bad place to stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Not bad place to stay. Clean and good service from front desk. We stayed on a Wednesday night and it was busy! I'd be afraid to try it during ski season, the walls were paper thin. I could hear when our neighbour got out of bed, walked across the floor, and later flushed. We also paid $101 for the night stay so the price range listed was outdated.

• Stayed July 2010
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

we stayed at the pondarosa for two nights and had no complaints.the price was reasonable the rooms were clean and well kept.The front desk and staff were very helpful with local info and made every effort to make us comfortable.We would stay there again....Thanks Ponderosa.....

Room Tip: we looked at a few rooms and chose 426
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

This place was great. The washrooms were very new and it seemed like the bed were also new. They were also very comfy. The place was very clean although they should probably replace the carpets.

Downside is that the walls are very thin, so if you have a loud neighbour...

Staff were friendly and recommeded some places to eat.

• Stayed May 2011
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a stopover for a night or 2 and came across this wonderful place. The lady on reception (I think the owner) could not have been any more helpful. She gave us details of a wonderful pub for food. The room was very clean and lots of space. In the morning they provide coffee and muffins in reception which you take back to your room. I would certainly stay again if I'm lucky enough to be in the area again. We stayed in other motels on our trip and this certainly was one of the nicest and not the most expensive.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

I read the reviews of this place on my iPad moments before I checked in and decided to give this place a try. I was impressed with the friendly service I received from the manager. She made it known to me that the beds were newly upgraded. Upon entry into the room, I was impressed with the cleanliness and the newly renovated bathroom (which she didn't mention to me -- so it was a nice surprise). The quality of sleep was excellent. Would recommend staying here if you are passing through town. Well worth the price paid.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We arrived at the ponderosa to find we had paid way to much for the room! After a long day of skiing we were so looking forward to a nice long soak in the hot tub! We walked outside to the lobby where the hot tub was located and the front desk clerk told us we weren't allowed in because they needed to test the water but "he" was gone for supper and "he" wouldn't be back for a while and then "he" had more stuff to do so she wasn't sure when it would open. We had some friends who were heading home that night but wanted a quick hot tub before they got on the road who tried to come in the hot tub with us but the front desk lady told us that she couldn't let them come in and continued to give about 10 reasons. The whole time she was talking to us she was acting very annoyed that we could even want to use the supposed hot tub. Very bad experience. The room also smells of cheap perfume and there was hair on my pillow.

• Stayed December 2010

Travelers are raving about these Golden hotels