Best Western Mountainview Inn
$203
Prestige Inn Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$190
$157
Pinewood Inn(Golden)(Great Value!)
$164
$196
Glenogle Mountain Lodge & Spa(Golden)(Great Value!)
$218
$189
$169
Hotwire.com
All reviewschef cesargift bagrecommend this hotelcontinental breakfastbreakfast staffroom was cleanindoor poolthe breakfast areawould definitely stay here againbreakfast was excellentgolden bclong drivepull out couchoff the highwayfront desk staffyogurta great stay
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed one night in the Golden BW and overall we had a great experience. We had a odd number room so we had a view of the mountains and ski runs. The even rooms would have a view of another hotel. The BW is 1/2 block off the service road and we heard no traffic from the busy HWY 1. Breakfast was not a included in the stay but they did have a small cafe on site which made great fresh food. Staff were very pleasant to deal with and they allowed us to get into the pool early so we could have a swim before checking out. Pet friendly rooms.
Will stay again!

Room Tip: Odd number rooms to get mountain view. Even rooms have view of another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mountainview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for your compliments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast in the Lobby Cafe. Our professional staff is always happy to accomodate our guests with special requests whenever possible. They look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had to stop in Golden, BC on our trip through BC and did not a reservation at a hotel in town. We stopped at the Best Western because it was 1 block off the highway, it looked presentable and the Best Western chain has a good reputation. They had room for us and made sure that we were away from the elevators. The room was huge, the bathroom was huge, the bed was comfy and it was really quiet! What a great deal for such a modest price.
The next morning, we had breakfast in the cafe and we were amazed. No meager buffet with tired food. It was a full breakfast menu made from real ingredients by a server/cook who cared about what you wanted to eat! They have real eggs - not Egg Beaters, real has browns - not the frozen ones! What a delight! I will definitley stay here the next time I am in Golden, BC.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank westeddy54
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mountainview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in upholding the Best Western I Care standards so that our guests have a comfortable, dependable stay. We hope that we can be a part of your next trip through BC as well.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Best Western and the Prestige Hotels in Golden belongs to the same chain, they are located one besides the other and they share some services like the the online reservation system.

However, they are totally different, being the Prestige the upscale version. Be carefull, because you will end paying $150+ for a room at the Best Western which is much lower in quality than a regular Motor-in.

This Best Western in Golden is all different than the others I know: This one is Noisy, old matrixes, smelly pillows, super loud toilets that you can here all night long from any room on the floor, etc, etc. Very bad exeperience.

Room Tip: Instead book a room at the Prestige Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank B B

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take pride in maintaining Best Western high I Care standards. I will send you a private message to gain further information as to the room you stayed in as there seems to be some items that have slipped through our usually high housekeeping standards. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we hope to welcome you back so that you can experience us at our best.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Also a disappointment is the bed covering that seems to be the new BW standard. Your choice is a overly-warm comforter, or just a sheet. Could I just have a blanket please?

If you dislike the smell of smoke, beware. Many of the rooms were formerly smoking rooms, and have not been properly converted, as other guests found out. I paid extra to stay in a (very large!) "family" room that had never been a smoking room.

Disappointed at no hot tub. Just a pool. Come on hotels! This is one of the things that (to me at least) separates a hotel from just a motel. A hot tub after long hours on the road is something I eagerly anticipate.

On the plus side, all the usuals that you would expect are in place - clean, quiet, very comfortable bed. Once my room cooled down to a reasonable temperature I slept great. Despite the hotel being right by the highway, I heard no road noise. Wi-fi signal was good, and the speed was excellent for a hotel connection.

In short, remarkably average. I'm not sure it's worth the price they charge, but since it's in a resort area it's to be expected.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kevin_from_AKandCO
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mountainview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. I am pleased you had a good night’s sleep and apologize that we did not meet all your expectations. Our staff is available around the clock to assist our guests with needs such as blankets during their stay. We hope that on your next visit to Golden, you will try us out again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is pretty much your typical Best Western inn. Things I liked were:

1.Location. It is half a block South of the Trans-Canada highway, behind the slightly more upscale Prestige Inn. I heard no traffic noise from the semis on the Trans-Canada.

2.Room size: Above average, I'd say about 30% bigger than your normal Best Western room.

One nitpick: The hotel provides the bane of the 2 and 3-star accommodations -- the shrink-wrapped disposable cup. Not even the see-through plastic kind, but the waxed cardboard kind. How can you enjoy a cup of coffee, much less a glass of wine from one of those cups?

I thought the price pretty steep -- after a supposed AAA discount I still paid $314 for a single room for two nights, with no breakfast. But I guess if they can charge that much, I don't blame them.

Room Tip: The even-numbered rooms face the parking lot and the Prestige Inn, from the odd-numbered ones you can see the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mountainview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Feedback from our guests is always appreciated and we are glad you had an enjoyable stay. I apologize that you did not care for the shrink wrap disposable cups. As we do not have a professional grade sanitizing dishwasher on site, we choose to take Best Western International’s suggestion in using the shrink wrapped cups. These ensure our guests of sanitary cupware. We hope you will appreciate our dedication to our guest’s safety and comfort.