“Scream if you wanna go faster!!”

Glacier Raft Company - Day Tours
Rafting Adventure on the Kicking Horse River
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For over 30 years Glacier Raft Company has been providing white water rafting trips on the Kicking Horse, and other beautiful rivers around Golden B.C. We love the water and the thrill it provides and we want to share it with you! This is your life. Live an Adventure.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scream if you wanna go faster!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We spent this afternoon rafting down the Kicking Horse River on the day that the river has been at its highest, therefore we did the middle section twice as the lower section was just too crazy apparently. We had a fantastic day with Jair, informative with lots of humour - how we like it! The equipment seemed to be very good... Of course you're gonna get wet but plenty to help layer you up to keep you warm on the river. A really friendly bunch of guys running the day, excellent briefing and so much fun!! Shame we're not staying as we'd definitely be back for more! This is the reason why they're #1 on Trip Advisor! (Oh and they give you a beer at the end of the day and warm you up around a camp fire!)

Visited June 2013
GlacierRaft, Owner at Glacier Raft Company - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
High water season has arrived, so you sure picked the right time to come! Thank you for joining us and safe travels home.

Hobart, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thinking of doing it...Stop thinking and do it!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was reccomended Glacier by some friends and it didnt disappoint! My guide was Mike and we had such an awesome trip that we came back the following week. Great value, Experienced and fun guides and a killer meal in the middle. Cant recommend a trip with Glacier highly enough, if you get the chance to spend a day on the Kicking Horse with these guys, jump at it! Thanks again Glacier, see ya next summer for sure!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ThatsGoldRick
Corner Brook, Canada
“Great Day on the Kicking Horse”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

After being a little nervous starting out as first timers, we quickly felt comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed our trip on the lower two sections of the Kicking Horse. If I ever have a chance to return I would do the full day with the barbecue lunch. All of the staff that we dealt with at Glacier were great and our guide, Isaac, was very friendly and fantastic at his job and his knowledge of the area. I would not hesitate to recommend Glacier to anyone.

Visited August 2012
Darwen, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best thing to do in Golden”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Glacier rafting can provide all you need for a safe and 'comfortable' day out on the river. Guides are fun and well trained, with the campfire and beers at the glacier HQ making up for basic facilities. Photographers on site and Go-Pro footage from helmet cams for sale at a very reasonable price (which was less for smaller groups like ours).

The river is slow to build but gets more exciting as the day goes on. Just try not to go in the water too early this late in the season, as you'll get cold fast!

Visited September 2012
Okotoks, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memorable experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

White Water Rafting with Glacier Raft Company in Golden BC was the highlight to our summer!!! That was definitely the “Bang” We were looking to end the summer with. We took our boys ages 12 and 14 down the scenic Kicking Horse River. Our guide Evan was Superior in his rafting skills. Hi Evan!! Evan made us all feel very comfortable, confident and safe. I must admit I could not sleep the night before because of nerves, I’m one of those bubble wrap kid mothers, the entire staff put me at ease and hyped me up to enjoy the day. I felt confident when our guide moved my kids to the front of the boat to get splashed and full adventure of our rafting experience. The shore BBQ lunch was delicious and the warm fire welcoming.
One of the things that impressed me the most was the fact that on our trip we had a variety of ages (some families had children younger than ours) as long as a few disabled individuals. One gentleman was in a wheelchair, and also had a deaf female, and a number of people that could not speak English. I was extremely impressed with the staff; they were very knowledgeable about the river and surrounding area, they answered every question and always had a smile.
The video we purchased showed the professionalism of the guides and showed how they all watched out for every boats safety. The quality of the pictures being taken to capture the moments was exceptional. I tip my hat to Glacier rafting Company, Job well done Guys/Gals, you should all be proud. One of the most exhilarating companies my family has had the pleasure of visiting. You can guarantee we will be back next season. The professionalism of Glacier Rafting Company was exceptional; I would definitely recommend Glacier Raft company for anyone thinking about doing whitewater rafting.

Visited September 2012