Review Highlights
Guided Lake O'Hara hiking with Laura Combeen of Self Propelled Adventures

Last summer my wife and I had an opportunity to visit Lake O’Hara with Laura Combeen. We are... read more

Reviewed May 14, 2019
Debbie L
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

All reviews hara route propeller hike guide
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

We are experienced back-country hikers from Utah and had never before hired a guide, for what we could usually do ourselves quite competently. We were seeking to avoid unplanned wildlife (BEAR) encounters as our ‘group’ had shrunk to just the two of us. Also, we had tried many times to access Lake O’Hara through the on-line reservation system, but were unsuccessful. Laura not only got us in to Lake O’Hara on the required access bus, she provided route and terrain that was appropriate to our interests and abilities, and knew the routes so she was able to pace the hike well. She was so good at providing history, other hikers were straining to listen in. Laura was great to be with, she was good company, knowledgeable and we did not encounter any BEARS; It was a wonderful first time guide experience-we can’t recommend her highly enough.

Date of experience: August 2018