Beaverfoot Lodge
$73
Hotels.com
$59
Hotels.com
Prestige Inn Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$114
Best Western Mountainview Inn(Golden)(Great Value!)
$96
$70
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
Pinewood Inn(Golden)(Great Value!)
$80
$68
All reviewsbeautiful sceneryenjoyed my staywagonweddingaccommodationspropertyhorseslodgemountainssummercampfirewashroombanff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked a wagon here for the night which had a picture of a made up bed on bookings.com when we got there we got a weird look from the staff that we had no bedding and after that, that we could rent it for a couple of dollars.
After some confusion they said we wouldnt have to pay and we could go to our wagon.

The mattras was a miljoen years old and the toilet buildings are falling apart. But we had a nice campfire with the other guests, slept romantically in a wagon and were perfectly happy with our stay.

Conclusion, go for the experience, make sure you bring everything you need and enjoy the long road there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marcel-de-J
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband's nephew, and his fiance invited us to share their wedding day at Beaverfoot Lodge for 2 days August 2 &3, 2013.......

Coming from the busy city of Abbotsford BC., 6 hours later driving down this gravel road for at lest 10 km outside of Golden BC. I'm thinking, "THIS IS CRAZY!!" Then we come down a path to a majestic hidden valley, with a main lodge, horses and log cabins. Thee most beautiful view of mountains, waterfall, Teepee, chuck wagons over yonder with a huge hall.... Just took my breath away. The log cabin that we slept in was the Executive Cabin, Our queen size bed was so comfortable, with quilts that make you just lay down and have the best sleep of your life.

The staff were all friendly helpful; the food they prepaid for the wedding was absolutely the finest. No cell phone or internet service which made the trip even better.... Made me feel like this trip was long over due. Great wedding, great place.... WE ARE COMING BACK FOR MORE MY NEXT SUMMER.
Downside if any: The road into the place with so much dirt but well worth it.
THANK YOU Chelsea & Randy for allowing us to share your special day and having it at Beaverfoot Lodge.

Room Tip: Executive Cabin in my opinion was far the best cabin for older kids are adults just because of it's lay out. Rustic Cabin 1 For the family with smaller children might have a fun sleep because of the loft up top.... Kool what my 11 year old daughter described it ;-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I found this place randomly while out exploring forest service roads. After five days camping the Hot Showers sign was irresitable. I ended up staying for three days. Awesome views, super laid back relaxed atmoshere, and friendly international staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I spent the weekend at Beaverfoot Lodge joining a wedding party. This location is beautiful and right in the mountains - very quiet and peaceful. The drive down the road was about 13km's but well worth the drive once you arrive. The staff were very friendly and accomodating with the groups every need - and it definitely wasn't a small group! They were very helpful and willing to help with everything we needed. It was very convenient to have running water and hot showers. I did not partake in the hot meals provided by the resort, however I was told they were excellent. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone passing through Golden.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Keltie G
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Spent a week in our rv at Beaverfoot lodge while attending a wedding over the weekend.

This place was great I normally try to avoid campgrounds but this place was different, they had no real rules other than respect other guests and have fun, we swam in the river right outside our rv with our kids and dogs, we spent days hiking around the property, and tinkering with different things, at the time of the wedding Raph and catherine were always available and if we needed anything we would have the assistance of them and their employees immediately and they were happy to go out of their way to help with anything from setting up, cleaning, delivering firewood to the sites, anything we asked for was there when we needed it or sooner.
A place like no other with a very rustic feel in the middle of nowhere that you can just relax with nature and leave the stress and hustle of life at the gate. We had a great time with our family and friends as well as the staff who kind of blended in and became part of the fun of our week.
Thank You to Raph, Catherine and everybody at Beaverfoot lodge for making the wedding the best it could be and all of our stays so enjoyable.
My rating of the rooms is only based on seeing inside them all but as I said my stay was in an rv

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family