“Disappointed!”

Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed August 27, 2012

While our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and made a great margarita, some of the food was poor. The ribs were blackened, the yam fries overcooked. The chicken wings were cooked okay but not great. Won't return.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The location of this restaurant is good. We found the food was not worth the price. My son's meat was cold but the gravy was hot so that helped. We found the washrooms a real mess. Terribly dirty.
We thought we were going to have a better experience but have been told by locals that it is a hit and miss. May try it again hoping for a better experience. Think if staff was more organized,it may make for a better service and meals.
My table was washed before we sat down, when we sat down my arm stuck to the sticky table. The waitress brought a towel and had me wash my own table. Interesting. Didn't kill me and I knew it was clean.
It was neat that we got our cutlery, and condiments in a wooden basket. Kinda cool!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This restaurant was busy with not enough staff. We wanted the baby back ribs (their specialty) but they were out so we had the pork ribs. They were ok but not fantastic.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Food was delish! The cornbread was so good. The service was average. The place was quite clean. We would return again

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I love BBQ, so when I saw the sign of the Fire Pit in Golden, I was enthusiastic. BBQ is just not something you expect in the Canadian Rockies. My expectations rose when I read the menu telling me that the ribs were smoked for hours and for that reason, they may run out during the evening--a sign of legit BBQ.

Well, they were out of everything by about 8:00. The only BBQ remaining was the pulled pork. It was pretty good but cold. A sign says 'warm' is their temperature, so obviously they have had comments, but there is a difference between warm and cold and if you want to understand the difference, come here.

Part of the problem was staffing. The people working there are great, friendly and efficient, but they were doing everything from table service to busing to bar tending, etc.

The atmosphere is early American cafeteria without any connection to BBQ culture.

At the end of the day, profoundly ordinary. Looking for some good BBQ? This ain't it.