“Absolutely not bad!”

Fire Pit BBQ Smokehouse
Ranked #11 of 58 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Absolutely not bad!”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Been to this restaurant several times and sofar not a bad experience, smoked meats are smoked meats and they do a good job with it!
Was a very busy night during our visit so was a little slow, but was to be expected, overall good experience

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Spot on! Excellent thoughout!”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nearing our end to our holiday we decided to drive to golden, and found firepit smokehouse by chance. The food is amazing, well priced and the service was spot on, even the chef came round and asked if everything was ok! I will definately be coming back. The decor looks newly refurbished and the lounge chairs are very comfy. All in all I am very content!

Swift Current, Saskatchewan
“Definitely Smoked”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Service was very slow. Menu not a lit to choose from. You must really live smoked foods to eat here as every item has a strong smokey flavor. We had chicken wings-did not like, quesadilla-okay, jalepeno poppers-couldn't chew the bacon, pit fries- fries not homemade and no toppings.

1 Thank thelmaozzy
“We're still waiting.”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The only good thing I can say about the Firepit Smokehouse is that they have free wifi so you can write a review during the endless wait for your food. Which I am.

Initially ignored upon arrival, we were pushy enough to be given a table and our orders taken. 2/3 of the food dishes and 3/5 of the beers were not available. We ordered from the limited range left.

After 30 minutes of waiting, we went to the bar to get our drinks ourselves.

A good hour later, there is still no entree to be seen and we're filling time writing internet reviews.

No one in our party of four has ever been to a restaurant with a superior combination of terrible and tardy service. The restaurant is not even busy.

We continue to wait...

EDMONTON
“Interesting”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Went to the Fire Pit our first night in Golden. If you love smoked meat you will probably be happy. I had the smoked pulled pork and enjoyed it. My co workers had other items and gave mixed reviews. The Smoked Meatloaf was so smoky one person could not eat it and the other had a burger and reported it was ok. I had the Yam fries with mine and the Chipotle jalapino mayo. Very nice. I don't mind paying a bit extra for yam fries, but at least serve as much as regular fries.

The local micro brewed beers are pretty good too.

overall it was interesting, My food was good, co workers not so happy. i would come back again, but I doubt the people I was with would.

• Visited September 2011