“Spot on! Excellent thoughout!”

The Fire Pit BBQ Smokehouse
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nearing our end to our holiday we decided to drive to golden, and found firepit smokehouse by chance. The food is amazing, well priced and the service was spot on, even the chef came round and asked if everything was ok! I will definately be coming back. The decor looks newly refurbished and the lounge chairs are very comfy. All in all I am very content!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Service was very slow. Menu not a lit to choose from. You must really live smoked foods to eat here as every item has a strong smokey flavor. We had chicken wings-did not like, quesadilla-okay, jalepeno poppers-couldn't chew the bacon, pit fries- fries not homemade and no toppings.

1  Thank thelmaozzy
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The only good thing I can say about the Firepit Smokehouse is that they have free wifi so you can write a review during the endless wait for your food. Which I am.

Initially ignored upon arrival, we were pushy enough to be given a table and our orders taken. 2/3 of the food dishes and 3/5 of the beers were not available. We ordered from the limited range left.

After 30 minutes of waiting, we went to the bar to get our drinks ourselves.

A good hour later, there is still no entree to be seen and we're filling time writing internet reviews.

No one in our party of four has ever been to a restaurant with a superior combination of terrible and tardy service. The restaurant is not even busy.

We continue to wait...

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Went to the Fire Pit our first night in Golden. If you love smoked meat you will probably be happy. I had the smoked pulled pork and enjoyed it. My co workers had other items and gave mixed reviews. The Smoked Meatloaf was so smoky one person could not eat it and the other had a burger and reported it was ok. I had the Yam fries with mine and the Chipotle jalapino mayo. Very nice. I don't mind paying a bit extra for yam fries, but at least serve as much as regular fries.

The local micro brewed beers are pretty good too.

overall it was interesting, My food was good, co workers not so happy. i would come back again, but I doubt the people I was with would.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Passing through Golden and stopped here for lunch. I was greeted promptly and recieved a menu quickly. The selection was not bad and I settled on the Brisket sandwich with fries and a side of aioli. You got 3 thick slices of beef on the bun, which I found to be a little tough. For a meat that is supposed to be smoked for 12-14 hours it should've been fork tender and it wasn't. The flavor was good and had a very nice smokiness to the meat. Fries were standard and didn't recieve the aioli like I asked. Value for the money was ok.....hate the PST being from Alberta.