“The Shuttle was an added bonus to the Amazing food.”

Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cedar House is a casual fine dining establishment that offers fresh,local and organic foods,made using produce from the on-site garden.Canadian wines,Craft beers and fantastic cocktails! We are open at 5pm daily and last seating is 930 PM
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We have a huge group of gals that go every Fall on a Golfweekend. On Saturdays we look for a nice restaurnt to enjoy each others company and have some wine. The day I started looking for a great restaurant Cedar House was rated as top 3, in my search for Golden restaurants. I went to the websites and found that they also offered a shuttle service with dinner, from any hotel. Of course we were sold, we always have a few ladiees that don't get to enjoy the dinner as much so they can drive home, so this year we all got to have some nice, wine, with great company & amazing food. Darin was very gracious to us, and everyone had a blast. The nice thing about big groups is that we got to taste a few of the other dishes, everything had flavors that paired suberbly with the main portion of the dish. Thanks again Cedar House!

There are newer reviews for Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Before booking our stay we checked Tripadvisor to see what was recommended in Golden and made our choice largely based on the reviews for both the restaurant and chalet. Again, the reviews on this website were very accurate. I can't say too much about the quality of the restaurant and chalets that has not been said already. Darrin and his staff were extremely friendly. The chalets were rustic, clean, well maintained and quiet. The meal at the restaurant was excellent - on par with some of the top restaurants in Calgary. We stayed in the Deluxe Chalet and it was large than we expected with a full sized bedroom, large bathroom, kitchen, living room, wood burning stove, outdoor fire pit and Jacuzzi. We didn’t have any big demands on the staff there but I suspect Darrin and his crew would bend over backwards to make you a happy guest. Would recommend as a place to stay and eat, for a nice meal out, to anyone travelling in the area.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the cedar house chalet for 2 nights on our recent honeymoon and were extremely happy with our time there. The chalet was a perfect size, quaintly decorated, backing onto a beautiful mountain garden and with a wonderful private hot tub. Darren was a very friendly and helpful host and we also had a very nice dinner at the restaurant and even got to eat out on their balcony enjoying the warm evening air and the great views.

top50, Owner at Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2010

Thank you for your compliments and for sharing your honeymoon at the Cedar House. I am glad it was everything you expected.

Cheers Darrin

Reviewed August 4, 2010

The last number of years our family has started out our B.C. vacation with a stop over in Golden.
Top priority is a golf game finished with dinner at the Cedar House.
This year's experience was terrific. The food and atmosphere are wonderful and we feel very comfortable with little ones in tow. To think of them watching the chef prepare meals and engaging in conversation still brings a smile to my face :)
The service was as good as I have ever experienced.
See you next year !!

Thank you for returning to the Cedar House for your end of a great holiday. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations in service, food and atmosphere.

Kind Regards
Darrin

Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I, along with our dog Elliot had the opportunity to stay at the Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets in July. We rented the cabin next to the restaurant
and couldn't have been more pleased. The cabin was very large, clean and cozy. We also enjoyed the private patio with hot tub (which was super clean) under the stars.
We had dinner at the restaurant which was one of the best meals I have had... the food was fresh, organic and local which makes a world of difference!. The staff and owners
could not have been friendlier or more helpful (even taking the time to ship a suitcase left behind). Thanks to everyone at the Cedar House, hope to see you next year!.

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad we were able to accommodate Elliot as well. Hope to see you next year!

Cheers Darrin