“One of the best places to eat in Golden BC and surrounding area”

Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cedar House is a casual fine dining establishment that offers fresh,local and organic foods,made using produce from the on-site garden.Canadian wines,Craft beers and fantastic cocktails! ***TEMPORARILY CLOSED FROM APRIL 18, 2016 MONDAY TO MAY 17, 2016 TUESDAY***
Golden BC
“One of the best places to eat in Golden BC and surrounding area”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Very good restaurant, excellent food and great atmosphere. Unfortunately it is little bit expensive to go more often. Short drive from Golden and higher price are probably two main reasons why locals prefer other Golden restaurants. mm

Golden
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

From the moment you drive up to the Cedar House you can sense the tranquility and homely feel of this hidden gem. Once inside or outside on the amazing deck area with stunning views you feel totally relaxed and the host and owner Darrin is there to greet you and will chat to you about local happenings and his organic garden, taking his time to get to know you making you feel very welcome, the serving staff are knowledgable and very diligent. The menu is outstanding, organic produce from the garden or locally sourced, organic Canadian beef, chicken and fish from sustainable sources. I am originally from England and followed a totally organic diet and did not think I would find a restaurant here in Canada as good as Cedar House to satisfy my "fussy" demands. Just recently my family and I spent a wonderful evening there and dined on delicious organic green salad to start, thai green coconut vegetable curry with natural and red quinoa for main course, my husband had the organic striploin steak cooked to perfection and my son who is also very fussy finished every last ounce of his linguini with tomato sauce, my daughter also thoroughly enjoyed her handmade chicken fingers thanks to chef Tristan for entertaining my children with his amazing cooking in the open kitchen. Everyone who visits or lives in Golden should visit Cedar house and enjoy a TOTALLY different dining experience and ambience.

1 Thank goldensgreengirl
Golden
“Absolutely One of the Top 50 Places to Eat in Canada!”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My best friend and I went to the Cedar House for their New Years Eve Dinner Special and had a great time! We were greeted with a smile by the owner, Darrin, who took our jackets and welcomed us into his restaurant. The dining area was cozy and warm with a woodstove, glowing lights and live music. We had a choice of three entrees on the menu, as well as appetizers and desserts. Everything sounded so good we decided to order different items and share everything! Our appetizers of diver-harvested scallops and fresh rock crab pate were delicious! The halibut main course was tender and moist, served with homemade hollandaise, organic vegetables and basmati rice and the striploin steak was done to perfection! We both realized that organic vegetables have so much more flavour that ordinary veggies. We can't wait to return in the summer to taste the organic veggies grown in the Cedar House garden! We finished our evening with dessert of white chocolate Calebaut cheesecake and chocolate ice wine truffle before heading off to our New Year's dance. We highly recommend dining at the Cedar House and will definitely be back!

Montreal
“Amazing food, amazing service - the best fine dining restaurant in a rural setting”

What can I say.
This restaurant is a must do! A converted house on 9 acres of land hosts an amazing chef, staff and food! Live Local Music is frequently happening.
From local's rates to high end food, this place blew my taste buds out of the water.. I will be returning on a regular basis to enjoy the succulent food and relaxing atmosphere.

Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down, a great meal and great experience!”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Beautiful home like setting from the time you pull into the driveway. A bit off the beaten path but worth the ride. The Cedar House has an elegant organic menu with a wide variety choices and prices. Excellent appitizers, great wine list with some good local features and great choice of main courses for all preferences. Service is friendly and excellent and the meals are presented well.

1 Thank HIABGuy