“Excellent Wedding Venue”

Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cedar House is a casual fine dining establishment that offers fresh,local and organic foods,made using produce from the on-site garden.Canadian wines,Craft beers and fantastic cocktails! We are open at 5pm daily and last seating is 930 PM
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I hosted our wedding at Cedar House in March. The restaurant created a fabulous menu for us to suit all our guests tastes. The final result on the day was amazing and the staff and service flawless. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My friend recently celebrated her 65th birthday. I wanted to take her somewhere special for dinner. After some online searching, I came across The Cedar House in Golden and built a week long vacation around our restaurant visit. The almost 900kms we travelled was well worth the trip. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and very reasonalbly priced. The setting was gorgeous. Our two servers were extremely friendly and knowledgable of what they were serving. I also appreciated that the food was locally sourced whenever possible ( they have their own garden). Also, as someone who doesn't drink alcohol, the homemade sodas were a welcome surprise. We spent three hours at The Cedar House and we felt very well taken care of. I will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Food was excellent, service was terrific! My husband and I are visiting our daughter who is working in Golden. We had three nights here, so Cedar House was our "special' night, and was it ever! Amanda took care of our every need with poise and humor. She was delightful. The four of us each chose a fish dish...salmon, steelhead trout and sturgeon. We all bragged that ours was the best.Devon came out of the kitchen when each course was served and explained the meal. So many handmade parts of the meal! Save room for the flour less chocolate cake. It is a MUST. Thank you for a wonderful evening. We would highly recommend it

Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our first time at the Cedar House and we were treated to a very special meal. I chose the steelhead trout and my husband had the salmon, and both were delicious. We had a really fresh salad to start, and paired the fish with a crisp Pinot Gris from Nichol vineyard. All the wines were carefully chosen from BC wineries. Next time we 'll check out the chalets which look great.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I love travelling. So we decided to celebrate mothers day with no kids and take a road trip vacation to melt our stresses and catch the beautiful spring scenery. We left at the start of May for 3 weeks and drive from Ontario to Nelson to visit some family .On the way we stopped at a few places to satisfy our inner foodies. There was only one restaurant that really stuck out to me. I don't know if it was because we were caught off guard by the fact that this little restaurant in the mountains had thee best chilled watermelon balsamic soup followed by the best sturgeon!! Which I had never had before but the knowledgeable and friendly staff made it sound so perfect, which it was! We noticed that even though everything we ate or drank tasted amazing the restaurant contained one table, which we occupied. So I asked and our servers Devin and Amanda who explained that they were the new management and had just re opened. The chef Jesse came out later with a sampling platter of their desserts! They were so tasty! He explained to us that he was the new lease holder.. he also told us how he makes their home made white chocolate black forest cake!!

Anyways I can go on and on but overall if your heading through Golden you HAVE to eat here.
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!
One last thing.. The value you get for your money was right on par for us too which we find is rare, just like this Gem!