“Delicious meal, attentive service”

Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cedar House is a casual fine dining establishment that offers fresh,local and organic foods,made using produce from the on-site garden.Canadian wines,Craft beers and fantastic cocktails! We are open at 5pm daily and last seating is 930 PM
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our first time at the Cedar House and we were treated to a very special meal. I chose the steelhead trout and my husband had the salmon, and both were delicious. We had a really fresh salad to start, and paired the fish with a crisp Pinot Gris from Nichol vineyard. All the wines were carefully chosen from BC wineries. Next time we 'll check out the chalets which look great.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I love travelling. So we decided to celebrate mothers day with no kids and take a road trip vacation to melt our stresses and catch the beautiful spring scenery. We left at the start of May for 3 weeks and drive from Ontario to Nelson to visit some family .On the way we stopped at a few places to satisfy our inner foodies. There was only one restaurant that really stuck out to me. I don't know if it was because we were caught off guard by the fact that this little restaurant in the mountains had thee best chilled watermelon balsamic soup followed by the best sturgeon!! Which I had never had before but the knowledgeable and friendly staff made it sound so perfect, which it was! We noticed that even though everything we ate or drank tasted amazing the restaurant contained one table, which we occupied. So I asked and our servers Devin and Amanda who explained that they were the new management and had just re opened. The chef Jesse came out later with a sampling platter of their desserts! They were so tasty! He explained to us that he was the new lease holder.. he also told us how he makes their home made white chocolate black forest cake!!

Anyways I can go on and on but overall if your heading through Golden you HAVE to eat here.
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!
One last thing.. The value you get for your money was right on par for us too which we find is rare, just like this Gem!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We only had one dinner out in Golden so I checked tripadvisor to see their number one rated restaurant. The restaurant stated reservations recommended so we thought we'd wing it without. So when we showed up and spoke to the hostess she asked for our reservation which we replied with we had none. She got really snooty and rude and looked around and stated they had one table left. So where's the problem? It's just the two of us. The rest of the evening she was rude, slow to take our order and bring our drinks and slow to clean the table. But surprisingly nice when it came time to pay the bill and leave a tip. Otherwise the food was really good. My salmon was a little under seasoned but my husband's chicken was great!

1  Thank brick945
top50, Front Office Manager at Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

The management and staff would like to start by apologizing for your unpleasant experience at the Cedar House Restaurant. We strive to always provide the best customer service, and we would like to say that the employee mentioned is no longer working at our restaurant. It is important to us that we maintain the highest standards at the Cedar House, from the freshest quality ingredients in our food, to comfortable and friendly atmosphere in our restaurant and polite and friendly staff. We are truly sorry that you were treated in such a manner. Although reservations are recommended to ensure seating, we welcome walk-ins at any time that there are tables available. Darrin, the owner of the Cedar House, would personally like to offer you a complimentary dinner and bottle of wine to make up for your less than pleasant experience. Please contact him directly, and we will see that you are taken care of. We look forward to having you come back to the Cedar House once again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This restaurant is on the same property as the Cedar House Chalets. We stayed in one of the chalets, and were able to walk a few steps to the restaurant. Fine dining food in a relaxed atmosphere. We recommend staying in one of the chalets, drinking a bottle of wine at dinner, and walking back to your chalet and its hot tub!

top50, Front Office Manager at Cedar House Restaurant & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for coming and staying with us at the Cedar House, it sounds like it was a great combination for a romantic getaway. We are happy to hear that you had such a good time and hope that you will come back to stay and dine with us again here at the Cedar House Restaurant and Chalets. Perhaps you would enjoy a summer trip when all the beautiful gardens and flowers are in bloom, and you can dine on the patio!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I would have never imagined I could get a dinner as good as the one we had in a small town in the middle of British Columbia Canada. I had the best salmon I have ever had. The food was more than gourmet for a very reasonable price. Great wine choices, hard to find good Spanish wine sometimes. The service was fantastic. It was quiet and comfortable. I would go back to bc just to have dinner there again.

Thank you for coming and dining our small town nestled in the mountains of British Columbia. At the Cedar House we strive to have the highest quality of food, service and atmosphere for our customers. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and hope that you will come back and dine with us again. We also have 7 beautiful chalets on site if you would like to stay for awhile next time!