All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousa great stayenjoyed our staysuitewinterbanffcanadaaccommodationskiingguestsbeds
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We picked this B&B with a little hesitation, since it looked a bit off the path from our activity, skiing at Kicking Horse resort. But like the cute encouraging signs said; “long driveway, but worth it!” It absolutely was! Plus as a bonus it’s very convenient to Kicking Horse and other activities in and around Golden.

Sandy and Patrick met us, and made us feel genuinely welcome. Their log home/B&B is set up for 3 couples/groups and furnished and appointed tastefully and charmingly. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Each room had its own bathroom.

Breakfast was delicious and made to order. It wasn’t the typical bread-croissant-muffin fair you find at some “breakfast included” establishments. We left the table stuffed.

Finally, we enjoyed meeting and visiting with Sandy and Patrick, and hope for a chance to do so again.

Absolutely recommend. Thanks to Sandy and Patrick for a great stay.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
SRoecken, Owner at Back To The Land B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Thank you Rick for the fabulous review. We are so grateful for the feedback and thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves at our organic & eco-sensitive B&B. Next time you're visiting family in BC, we hope to welcome you Back To The Land. Safe travels! Sandy & Patrick

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I chose to stay at Back to the Land because it looked like a beautiful, quiet spot and it sure didn’t disappoint! Our first impression was how great the signage was around the B&B. They guide you up the road, where to park, and what entrance to go in where we were greeted by Sandy. She was extremely helpful with everything we should know around the property as well as suggesting restaurants in town and things to do around Golden. She asked us what time we’d like breakfast and then left us to get settled into our gorgeous room. I love that they offer locally sourced, organic soaps in the bathroom as well as organic, eco sensitive sheets and pillows on the (very comfortable) bed.

The next morning was my birthday. I had mentioned it to Sandy in an email when we booked in their B&B, as well as the fact that I am vegan. We came downstairs to the dining area where there were balloons as well as delicious vegan yogurt with fresh fruit and granola on the table. It was such a beautiful setting and I felt very lucky to be spending my birthday there. Music was playing on the speakers as we enjoyed our appetizer and all of a sudden the music changed and it was “Happy Birthday” playing. I was facing away from the kitchen but my boyfriend could see her bringing out a stack of pancakes with a sparkler in them. I’ve never had a more special birthday and am so thankful for all the extra effort she put in to make this year a memorable one.

Thank you for everything!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica W
SRoecken, Owner at Back To The Land B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2017

Jessica, thank you for leaving us such a kind and detailed review (and in our guest book too)!! We love helping guests celebrate special occasions and it was equally as fun for us to plan some excitement for your breakfast. Life's too short not to celebrate! We are so happy that your chose our B&B for your birthday, and that you enjoyed the organic touches in your suite. Best wishes for joyous holidays and sending positive vibes for a healthy and happy 2018. If you choose to make a trip to Golden again, we hope to welcome you Back To The Land. Sandy & Patrick (and Charlie & Brandy)

Reviewed October 6, 2017

The suite unit has a very homey and cozy living room. We enjoy spending time there a lot.
Sandy is a wonderful host, enquiring about our breakfast preferences way before our stay. She inspired us of having our own B&B upon retiring.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SRoecken, Owner at Back To The Land B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

We are so glad you chose us and that you enjoyed staying in the Columbia Suite. It was our pleasure to ensure you had plenty of food that met your dietary requirements. Operating a B&B is a lot of work but very rewarding if you enjoy meeting people from around world. You were a delight to host and we hope that you enjoy the rest of your Canadian vacation. Best wishes for your future business endeavours. Stay safe and have fun! Sandy & Patrick

Reviewed October 4, 2017

I had the privilege to stay at this B&B and we fell in love with it and the hosts...
This log home is snuggled into the mountains surrounded by a rich forest, yet the view over the valley onto the mountains is second to none...
We stayed in the Purcell room, which was large, well appointed and had the best bed I've ever slept in... I don't typically sleep well when I'm away from home, yet this was the best couple of nights I've ever slept...
We found Sandy and Patrick were both very accommodating and knowledgable about my food allergy, and that was a great relief...
Golden, BC is a rather central town and we won't hesitate to stop in again the next time we are in the area... We found that most of our tourist stops were relatively close by as we enjoyed the drives through the valley and the mountains...
Thank you very much for your warm hospitality and fantastic accommodations...

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SRoecken, Owner at Back To The Land B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!!! It is our mission to have our guests feel like they are at home, while away from home, and we knew the best way to do this was to provide luxury organic beds, linens and towels, and ample delicious foods. Patrick and I have stayed in many B&Bs and we based our design on what we liked, and what we didn't. So your feedback makes us feel like we've met our goals, and more importantly, your expectations. So thank you again for the kind words. We hope to see you again. Sandy & Patrick

Reviewed September 30, 2017

Sandy and Patrick were so accommodating. They were very knowledgeable about the area which was very helpful for our trip. They made sure that we felt welcome and that we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The breakfasts were amazing. We never went away hungry and it was all fresh and delicious!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SRoecken, Owner at Back To The Land B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

It was a treat for us to host you!! You were such a delight to talk to and we only wish that we could have spent more time with you. We certainly hope that you had a fabulous vacation in our Canadian Rockies and that our paths will cross again in future. Best wishes, and thank you so much for the kind review. Sandy & Patrick