“Two Seasons, Two Amazing Adventures”

Wet N Wild Rafting Adventures
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet N' Wild Adventures takes you whitewater rafting on the famous Kicking Horse River every May through September and offers a variety of packages that vary from family friendly scenic floats to adrenalin pumping class 3 & 4 rapids! Included in your trip is transportation to and from the river, all river gear, and changerooms with the only HOT showers in Golden! Call to make your booking today!
Fredericton, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Two Seasons, Two Amazing Adventures”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I lived and worked in the Bow Valley for years...And I loved being able to experience all the Activities the area has to offer. One of my favourite things to do was to WWR on the Kicking Horse River. I have rafted with a few of the companies over the years but Wet N Wild was the best by far. An easy Day Trip from Banff and Canmore - I recommend driving yourself so that you have some options when it comes to the extra adventures they offer. But if you have to take the shuttle - it is a fun time, the driver gives you lots of good info and tells some pretty funny jokes :) There is a lodge at the Centre and a place to put up tents - so you can make a day or three of it.

In the winter they run Snowmobiling as well. Which I did do the one year - and wish I had been able to go back. As the day had been PERFECT!! The views are stunning and after a fresh snow...Bring your Camera for sure.

The River - Having the opportunity to run this river at the beginning, middle and end of the season ... I would recommend the beginning and middle. The end, when the river is not running as high - although still tons of fun - lacks that HOLD ON feeling that you get when the river is running higher.

If you get the chance - the lower canyon option is spectacular. The first 20 minutes is exciting and exhilarating. And then the river calms down and you float the rest of the way...and they let you hop out and ride beside the boat. On a hot day - it is a great way to cool down.

The Guides - Many of them are back every year - which should let you know what a great place it must be to work. You can feel their love of the river, their passion for the thrill...and they pass it on to their passengers. They are funny and sometimes a bit crazy - but they make sure you know that your safety is foremost in their minds.

Lunch on the river - amazing. Sure it is just burgers, hot dogs and such. But after running the rapids it is a great way to relax ... and get to know some of the people with whom you are sharing this experience.

When I had friends or family visiting...this is one of the places I was sure to bring them.

Bring a Water Proof Camera.

Also - one of the guides also does Paragliding - FANTASTIC. and a MUST DO if you get a chance.

WINTER FUN!!!

The White N Wild Snowmobile adventure was also an amazing day with this company. With a fresh layer of snow, and fantastic staff - this day turned out way better than I thought it could have. They let those who wanted to go really fast - go up ahead, those a little more tentative stay in the middle - and for shutterbugs like me I was able to ride the rear and get my pics. The guide even gave me a heads up when a good place for pics was coming up. There was a guide in the Front, Middle and Back to ensure the safety of all the riders,

And Lunch on the mountain was truly delicious.

Visited August 2012
wetnwildGolden_BC, Front Office Manager at Wet N Wild Rafting Adventures, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your review maggiemaeCanada!
I am glad you had a great time snowmobiling and rafting with us.
There is one change: We do not offer camping at our premises anymore but work together closely with the campgrounds in town. In fact, we offer pick up from the local campgrounds and if you bring your receipt you can get $ 10 off the regular price.

See you again soon.
Wet ' n' wild

La Roche-sur-Foron, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Can t be better, rafting down kicking horse with wet n wild!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Are you looking for an unique experience??? Go raft down the wild kicking horse river with the wet and wild company in Golden, BC!!
First of all you will laugh from the beginning to the end because all the staff is just awesomely funny! A cascade of jokes making your time even more amazing!
Not only funny, but also very professional, very nice and making you feel welcomed.

I would like to say a special thank you to our great guide zeb, that it was a pleasure to raft with.
Thank you to all the team for that awesome day that we will not forget, and we will be back soon, to raft all the river this time!

oh and they also have an awesome barbecue lunch, so yummy and appreciated!!!!! :))

The French Twins!

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“LOVED LOVED LOVED this experience!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent Christmas/New Year 2012 in Banff/Lake Louise - two Aussies wanting to experience a "White Christmas" - and we certainly weren't disappointed!

I'm writing this review four months after getting home - and I'm getting tears in my eyes just remembering how beautiful the "White N' Wild" snowmobiling tour was.

It's expensive - but so worth the money - just do it! You can do a half-day tour or a full-day tour. We elected to do the full-day tour which included lunch on the mountain - but was an experience in itself so go for the full-day tour if you possibly can!

Being Aussies we had no experience on snowmobiles whatsoever - but it didn't matter - and I have to say it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life - challenging - but so rewarding - the remoteness and sheer beauty take your breath away.

The company is professionally run - and they ensure you are given a comprehensive safety briefing - plus they kit you out with warm suits, gloves and boots (we also brought our own hand/foot warmers which were a God send as it gets really cold out there).

One very small criticism. The bus that picks you up from Banff/Lake Louise has a sign saying something along the lines of "Tips not compulsory but gratefully received". We thought this unnecessary and a bit cheeky considering the cost of the tour - and let's face it - most people will have such an incredible day they will WANT to tip the bus/tour guide without being prompted.

Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“white n wild snowmobiling”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

me and my boyfriend went snowmobiling and had a blast!!! the guides were awsome, very fun and the food at the bbq was great!! i would recommend this tour to anyone, it was a really great experience worth every penny!!!!

Visited February 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Snowmobiling at Kicking Horse”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Well what can we say, an amazing experience in a beautiful environment, the guide Jim was excellent both friendly and knowledgeable, the barbecue for lunch was nice after a couple of hours hitting the trails, all in all a really good experience, one which we would both highly recommend.