“Superb”

Wet N Wild Rafting Adventures
Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Golden
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet N' Wild Adventures takes you whitewater rafting on the famous Kicking Horse River every May through September and offers a variety of packages that vary from family friendly scenic floats to adrenalin pumping class 3 & 4 rapids! Included in your trip is transportation to and from the river, all river gear, and changerooms with the only HOT showers in Golden! Call to make your booking today!
Sutton Bridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Superb”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We booked the "classic" experience, the float, BBQ then the Middle Canyon. Can't praise this company enough. Safety was high on their priorities but was delivered in a fun, meaningful way so that it really sunk in. All equipment provided, wetsuits, boots, lifejacket, helmet, spray jacket and also told how to put them on properly so that they gave you the max protection.

Once out on the water, our guide, Anthea was just brilliant, making us feel totally relaxed and safe so that when we did hit the rapids, we knew what was coming and how to enjoy them safely. A good BBQ lunch prepared by the hard working Dawn then back out to face the white water of the middle canyon. Great fun.
A total highlight of our trip, would go again like a shot. Photos on a CD available for $20.

Visited August 2012

Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great ride, great staff”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Our guide Dave was great! Very knowledgable and fun. We did both the middle and more extreme lower canyon. The middle canyon was fun but mostly served as training for the lower canyon. Lots of little opportunities to swim in the glacial river or stay in the boat if you wish. Worth it.

Calgary, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“first time water rafting”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Me and my gf wanted to go rafting for our 2 years we found this place and decided to go.

we were the first to arrive they informed us at the front desk that they would only charge us half price because the second half of our trip was close down because of high water. As I see in other comments that they did not inform some of the rest of the groups that showed up after us i am not sure why.

It was a fun experience to do and i would go again although maybe not with this company not because of any doing on their part they were professional and fun. there are just so many places to go an i would like to try somewhere else.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Loved the rafting but not the company”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had booked a full day's rafting months in advance (upper, middle and lower canyon). I had read before that during high water levels the lower canyon is too dangerous too run. During our stay in the Rockies we experienced high water levels everywhere, so I was expecting that we wouldn't be able to do that. I fully aknowledge that Wet'n'wild has not control over nature. The website states that when the lower canyon is unavailable, you run the middle section twice.

I had called Wet'n'wild the day before to check the time we had to be there, and they confirmed we had a full day booked.
Upon arrival we were asked to sign the waivers and pay. When my card was being processed I asked about the lower canyon. The girl told me that due to high water levels that was unavailable, and that the second run through the middle canyon was also unavailable because there weren't enough people. She didn't tell me this before paying, or by herself, it was only after I asked about it myself I was informed about this. To me that is not honest. She did refund us the price difference between the two types of tours, but it still left me with a bad impression of the company to start the day with.

The rafting itself was excellent. We had a lot of fun, especially in the middle section. We both liked it so much and wished it would've been even more intense. Lise was our guide and she was very professional navigating the raft and explaining and training safety procedures. The lunch was good. The people friendly.
After the middle section they asked around who would like to run the middle section again for an additional $40. Us two, and two other girls had reserved the full day and wanted to go again. No one else did, and with 4 people they wouldn't (and supposedly couldn't due to safety regulations, but my impression that it was mainly for economic reasons to drive the bus again and pay the guide etc.) do it again. This left the 4 of us very dissapointed, since we planned the entire day and we liked it so much and Lisa had promised that the 2nd run would be more exciting in the way that she would hit the rapids.

On the way back, we were informed that we could buy the pictures for $20, which was too much money imo. For $10 I would've bought them, and probably if I didn't have that bad taste about the change of tours without informing us.

When I got home, I got a LinkedIn connection request from the lady that worked at the front desk. I thought that was kind of inappropriate as well, since we're not business partners. Why would we be connected on LinkedIn?

So in conclusion, rafting on the Kicking Horse River was a great experience, but next time I'd choose another company (there are plenty) and I would recommend everyone to double check that you actually get what you reserve. In that you cannot trust Wet'n'wild.

2 Thank Yamsterdam
Red Deer
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good time rafting but...”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Signed up for the Ultimate Rafting trip. So on the way up to the river we were informed that the lower canyon was closed (Ultimate included the middle and lower canyon). We were not informed of this when we signed up for our trip or when we arrived and paid. Nor were we informed that due to this they were running the middle section again. When we returned to base, they would not refund us any money. (we returned the next day when they had things sorted out)
Why would they charge the full amount when they were not offering the run, and apparently the lower canyon was closed for two months so I'm sure we were not the first to be overcharged. Its a pretty big rip-off for those who would never realize
The rafting was great, had a good time, but dealing with this just left a bad feeling about the trip