See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

As I write this, my husband is watching the water in the tub slowly drain. It was 1 inch full 5 minutes ago, it's about 1/4 now.
So where to start...
The good: the mini fridge actually keeps things cold and is large enough to store the breakfast you brought with you. The bed appears to be clean...ish.
The bad: No breakfast, half smoked cigars on the windowsill outside the room and a noticeable lack of places to charge your phone (move the table, you'll find one there).
The blankets are a little pilly and the faux hardwood floor had my feet black in only a few minutes. I am not exaggerating when I say that I washed my feet with a hand towel before getting into bed because I didn't want that level of dirt in the bed, and I used a "clean" (see also: stained but folded and on the bathroom shelf) towel to wipe the floor down, the towel was VERY dirty when I was done.
Dirty 1x3 boards seems to be the preferred choice for door frames and baseboards.
There is not enough parking for the number of rooms and there is no street parking, so good luck if you get in late.
The fire extinguisher case at the top of the stairs has no extinguisher. The smoke detector in our room is just a jumble of wires, no detector.
The ugly: Someone else's pubes are floating around in the tub in the water I am no longer going to use because, well, ew.
I come to Golden annually, and I already have my reservation for next year at the Travelodge.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank DenomaCrow
Pavi K, Owner at Golden Village Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The mini fridge is mean to keep the food cold. There is a temperatue setting in the fridge that can keep the food cold or frozen. Our bed linen is cleaned daily. Thank you for saying its cleanish. We have been providing breakfast on select days over the summer. We have just started the breakfast included feature at our property and hope to have it a permanent feature in the months ahead. I do apologize for the smoked cigar on the windowsill. We are a non smoking property, however we do have designated rooms with balconies that guests are able to smoke outside. As far as places to charge your phone. There is a lamp between the beds that has two USB ports along with two plug ins located on the lamp. There is also an alarm clock with a USB port plug in that is also located on the bed side table between the beds.

We infect don't have blankets, we have duvets. All our rooms have wood flooring and are wet jetted and mopped every day. The baseboards are caramel stained wood baseboards that are wiped down daily with a damp cloth. We have 76 rooms on the property and enough parking for 100 cars. There is also ample street parking, in fact when the entire parking lot is full guests have been known to park on the side of Lafontaine road.

Their is a fire extinguisher in all cases located on the property, and all rooms have a smoke and heat sensor in all rooms. My front desk staff did all they could in making your stay pleasent. During your stay you never at any point approached the desk or called for us to correct any of the problems. If the room was so terrible why did you stay the entire night and then check out in the morning and not mention a single issue to our front desk staff. I don't feel its fair to comment any more on the items that you mentioned including the tub. My staff work very hard to provide all guests with a clean and comfortable stay. In the future when you stay at any property, regardless of the time of check in, let the desk know you are not happy and have found issues in the room. Your stay satisfaction would be very different.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Upon check in they wanted to charge us 20.00 more because it was the weekend which was not quoted upon booking. Thinking no set price they charge whatever they want. Room had no electrical plate, toilets barely flushed, towels belong as rags, shower didn’t drsin for dome time, tv remote needed new batteries and lastly cheap renovations and not very clean. Will not be going back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

The reason you were going to be charged the extra $20 was because you did not declare the two additional people that were in your reservation. As explained upon check in your reservation was for 2 people, however you had 4 adults and the charge is $10 per additional person. It had nothing to do with the weekend. We do not charge what we want and the additional person charge is clear. With that being said I can understand why you are attacking every other item in my rooms. So let me address each item that you have listed with little to no explanation. All our rooms have electrical plates. If the toilets barely flushed do you think they would be in the room are even more that we would rent the room to a guests? All our towels and linens are new and were purchased in APRIL 2018. I don't understand your comment about the shower. Your words are "shower didn't drsin for dome time". Not sure what this means. If the remote batteries were not working, well for that I am sorry. A phone call to front desk and we would have replaced them for you at no charge! We spent over 700K on renovations, however its not to your standards. I must thank you for being truthful in your feedback. You are correct about my renovations and that they did occur. You are always welcome back.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Stopped for one night on our way to Vancouver. Check in was prompt. Stairs only to room on second floor with access at the back. Room was somewhat dated but was ok for what we needed. They did offer a breakfast, which we weren't expecting, at a small restaurant next door. Small balcony with mountain views nice and we were able to view the Canada Day fireworks from there.

Room tip: Second floor better.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We recently completed a property wide remodel and renovation. To some it may be dated to others its a modern look. I try my best to keep up with the JONES and make sure my business is up to date with new style and decor. Our breakfast program worked well for our first time. We are looking to make this a permanent staple and hope to build a new breakfast area for our guests.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We were hesitant to stay here after reading reviews, but we were glad we did. We had a room with jetted tub, new pine flooring/furniture, and a skylight. The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The a/c was loud but cooled the room very well.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. We value all our guests and their opinions. We do hope you will return soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

There was an unfortunate accident on the #1 Hwy east of Golden and wait times were expected to be about 6 hours!Being that we are older ,my husband and I decided to go back to Golden and secure a Hotel for the night. There was really nowhere to go to the bathroom as most of the terrain was steep....the first place we came to was the Golden Village Lodge and because of the numbers of people turning around to return to Golden we thought we had better grab this hotel! Firstly ,they would not take dogs,but because of our situation,they decided to allow ours for which we were initially grateful. Then came the bill..$228.85 was just a bit much for this 2 star-pool under repair,dirty blinds,dirty stove and holes in the flooring filled with white paint! Beds were comfortable and bathroom clean and adequate shower,but I have never felt so hosed in my life....buyers beware and especially if your a senior,this unexpected expense was outrageous

Room tip: Do not waste your money and definitely not quaint
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

As explained to you upon check in, our rate was at par for the time of year. You were given a opportunity to view the room prior to check in and we also made an exception for your pet. Our pool was under going a upgrade and was clearly explained to you multiple times upon check in. Our front desk staff also offered to find you alternate accommodation for you because of the pool. You happily refused and said that you would like to stay. To add validity to your review, I must add that our rooms don't have any blinds, we have curtains. We don't have holes in the flooring, nor are they filled with any paint as you claim. You were never "hoesd" by any means. In fact the waste and pet dander that was left behind by your dog was absolutely disgusting and required us to take the room out of inventory until it could be aired out and cleaned. However because you were a senior I let this pass. My staff and I did you a favour from the moment you arrived and tried to make your stay enjoyable in Golden, being at our property or another.