“We had the Buffet!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
British Columbia, Canada
“We had the Buffet!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My sister was visiting me in Hope, and felt like Chinese food so we headed over to the New Golden Star Restaurant. We had the Buffet and it was just put out so the food was hot and fresh. There was also ice cream. For a small town my sister thought the buffet was pretty good and so did I.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Corinnalovestravel

Victoria, Canada
“OK Chinese food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Average Chinese food.

Nothing special.

Smorgasbord offered - it's incredibly average. But, for $14 you can fill your face if you want to.

I'm from Victoria BC where we have easily a dozen great places to go for Chinese food. This place is average.

To much batter on the chicken balls - that was below average. Other than that it was OK.

With that being said, I would go back if I was staying in Hope again and wanted Chinese food.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lyle--Sportvictoria
Chilliwack
“Well cooked”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everything was exceptionally well cooked. I do recommend to other customers that make sure you call to place an order instead of going there to order because this place is packed on Saturday, so save yourself some time and call before you come and pick up the food.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Doug R
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

All youcaneat buffet is very good and tasty at a reasonable price!
Love the desserts!
The other Chinese restaurant food is too oily and too much batter with MSG(face turns red)and no chicken wings in their buffet.

2 Thank DeeZaster
Hope, Canada
“Buffet”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Reasonable price and nice woman who cleans well..very clean and open.You can watch the main street so you see people shopping and the buffet does not make my cheeks red like the other place so I think no msg..

Visited February 2012