“For real indian Taste "sakoon "is the best place...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For real indian Taste "sakoon "is the best place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went to the resturant with my friends and family to celebrate my birthday.I have no words to say about the food and the service they gave us.Environment was awesome and all the staff members were so friendly.We had not much knowledge about the indian food but they recommend us some dishes for an appetizer and for main meal.we enjoyed each and every dish with original indian taste.Butter chicken, baigan bhartha was soo tasty that i could not stop myself to lick my fingers.garlic naan was so soft and fresh with a great aroma of garlic and cilantro.Morever, we all enjoyed Indian beers with Indian music.and it all was under my budget.I am eagerly waiting for someone's birthday so that again,i can get a chance to eat and enjoy the real indian taste at """""SAKOON INDIAN CUISINE,HOPE""""

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jenny L

Oliver, Canada
“Best meal of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Fresh and best vegie pakoras followed by mango chicken and fish curry palou
rice garlic naan the best indian cuisine

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sukh S
Kamloops
“Bland and disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I ordered delivery to my hotel room so I can't comment on the locale or service. I was severely disappointed with the quality of the food. My pakoras were so salty I couldn't finish them; they tasted like they'd been covered in seasoning salt. My Daal tasted like watery overly salted soup; I also didn't finish it. The only edible part of my meal was the rice.

I will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hope, BC, Canada
“The food is delicious, just like being back in India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Living near Hope we have been to this restaurant on a few occasions and found the food to be delicious each time. A while ago we had a friend from India visiting us and when tasting the food she was very impressed and said it was as good as any food that you get in India.

On Mother's Day we dined here again with friends. The Butter Chicken and Mango Chicken were excellent served with garlic naan done to perfection. We also had the chicken and vegetable pakora which we would recommend highly for an appetizer.

When we ordered Kingfisher Beer we were happily surprised that they actually had it in stock since that is our favorite beer while travelling through India.

For anyone who likes Indian food this is one of the best places that we know of. For tourists travelling through town, this restaurant if worth a try and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roa3
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“That Indian Beer was fabulous! and Food as usually Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

When last time i went to restaurant, they had couple of beer varieties and wine.
Last weekend they made our day when we all guys tasted the indian beer. I missed it so much since years.
They got great variety now and Samosas were fantastic as they are always.
Everytime i had a weekend off, i love to visit this place while enjoying a long drive.

Can't wait to visit it again.

• Visited April 2013